Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga Month (MaMo) 2011

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    For me, the least I want to achieve is to have at the pencil work done and the text. Inking is just extra, imo and if I have time, I will ink the pages.
    I was thinking of the same. This weekend I'll work on my manga mostly and may post something about it.

Reminder: 11 days left ^^

Three Trio Tres Member DrPumpkin's Avatar
    Right. I'm aiming for the completed storyboards and character designs.

And I've got out of my writer's limbo and decided to to a story about Romans. In Rome.

Onwards, people! XD

Ave Dr.Pumpkin morituri te salutant! (just had to write it)

@Rio & Yara My goal is also to get the panel layout done and most of the rough pencils. I've been spending most of my time on my script. It's always been my opinion that good artwork can make people Ooh and Aah, but a great story is what makes people remember and want to read more.

Another soapbox, motivational moment:

Look at the creator of the Schlock Mercenary webcomic. If you look at his first comics and compare to where he is now, it's pretty impressive. He's, of course, a professional webcomic artist now and has the luxury of doing it full-time. He's not an amazing artist, even after 10 years of drawing a daily comic, but he tells decent stories and has a good sense of humor. He's a great example of someone that has made it through persistence and perseverence. Which goes to show that working hard and keeping at it, is more important that just having "talent".

Hope everyone is enjoying MaMo so far.

P.S. A large part of Nanowrimo is the motivational messages that are sent by various people and professionals in the business. If anyone else has anything inspirational or motivational or just comedic about their experience thus far, it'd be nice to hear... at least I think it would be.

Holycrap. I listen to the Writing Excuses podcast every week, and yet I've never read Schlock. Now I have. I like it. It's inspiring. Now I'm gonna go and actually finish my 4koma series.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    Hope everyone is enjoying MaMo so far.
    Yup! I am. I'm really looking forward to what everyone has made.

Quote Originally Posted by Yara View Post
    Reminder: 11 days left ^^
    Don't say that Yara! Do you want to strike panic into everyone?!

O_O

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGG! ELEVEN DAYS LEFT!!! :runs around in panic:

Though I'm not participating, I can't resist saying this...

"No, people, it's not 11 days LEFT. But it is STILL 11 more days." ^_^

@Matt Nice, I used to listen to Writing Excuses on the weekly basis but I stopped listening of late. But I'm glad you were inspired by seeing Howard's strip. When I look at his very first Schlock strip, I just shake my head. I think pretty much anyone here could do better, but he wasn't stopped by his inability and just kept working.

So it turns out I have to go home for the weekend which means not much computer time for me. I plan on bringing my working script and finishing it though. So hopefully I'll be able to start on the actual pencils when I get back.

Wow, nice to hear people's progresses! Hope others can make it too... Go Go Go!
    Yara & Nisaren, Can we have a trailer? ^^

Wish I could participate. I'll do it next year. Coz I won't be bothered by tests and assignment submissions like now! >.<