Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga Month (MaMo) 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Leoh View Post
    oh! i also got one more question, are we going to critique the comic art too? and say which like which ways can be improved? that would help ALOT! especially for those who really want to become a pro mangaka.
    not like "you drew this wrong" more like "if you deleted this panel, that be more effecient". get the point?
    it'll not also help us to meet up deadlines but to also improve as we draw them.
    I Agree with leoh!!

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    I think the people quitting are missing the general idea of what these events are about. It's not about whether or not you can actually finish, it's about actually starting. If you manage to reach your goals and finish the project then awesome. The reason that most books don't get written, paintings painted, or music produced is because people always think that they can do it tomorrow. Just get up and do it, if you fall short at least you tried and you have something to show for it even if it is unfinished.

It doesn't have to be a masterpiece just as long as you are producing something. That's the philosophy that is drilled into the heads of people that do Nanowrimo. I think we should keep that in mind.

Why quit? Just do as much as you can and if life hits you over the head with other things then maybe you won't get done. But you sure as hell won't finish if you decide to just quit.
    ....... ALL HAIL NISAREN!!!!!!!!! A WISE HUMAN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    I think the people quitting are missing the general idea of what these events are about. It's not about whether or not you can actually finish, it's about actually starting. If you manage to reach your goals and finish the project then awesome. The reason that most books don't get written, paintings painted, or music produced is because people always think that they can do it tomorrow. Just get up and do it, if you fall short at least you tried and you have something to show for it even if it is unfinished.

It doesn't have to be a masterpiece just as long as you are producing something. That's the philosophy that is drilled into the heads of people that do Nanowrimo. I think we should keep that in mind.

Why quit? Just do as much as you can and if life hits you over the head with other things then maybe you won't get done. But you sure as hell won't finish if you decide to just quit.

YOU SIR. HAS JUST CONVINCED ME TO START WORKING AGAIN!!!

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Leoh
    That's a very good idea! I wouldn't mind if that that happened.

@ nisaren
    :sniff: Such inspiring words! I won't let you down~!

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar
    I might let him down -_-
    ok. I'm not quitting and I don't want to sound like a wimp, but I don't think I'm going to get very much done. I've got a lot going on in my life right now and I'm having a hard time even keeping up in school, so I'm not exactly able to spend time on this. I'm gonna keep trying but... my expectations are sinking lower by the minute... -_-
    maybe I can at least finish a few pages though, and there's always next year.

For me, the least I want to achieve is to have at the pencil work done and the text. Inking is just extra, imo and if I have time, I will ink the pages.

Try your best Angel~! Ganbatte~!

I find it ironic that the post directly after my little rant is someone announcing that they're quitting. At the possibility of being too cliche... you're not letting me down, you're letting yourself down by quitting.

So ok just gonna do a update report here. So far I remade 2 pages. I haven't inked them yet but I will once I finish drawing out the character profiles which I'm working on now. Came up with some ideas on page 3 and page 4 remakes and atm I will still be using the old cover as the main cover[Thinking of changing it a bit]. So thats all from me atm.. Its not much cuz ma work is really eating up my time and family having a slight problem just recently so yea.... Will try to do more when I can. Will update again soon.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY COMPUTER WITH THE INKED (NOT FINISHED VERSION) CRASHED AND I LOST ALL DATA OF THE SCANED PAGES, anybody would think "not a big problem just scan it again" well when you have a lazy father and a scan shop where one losey piece of A4 format paper scaning costs 50 din( A loaf of bread costs 40 din) and you have at least 20 pages its a big problem!!! T_T i think il have to shorten the page numbers from twenty to fifteen!! T-T And god help me to finish this by the end of september!!!

September?.... I haven't started.... DX DX I'll start once I get home...

I'm pretty much going to work on my manga this weekend. I've taken some days off too so hopefully I can knock off at least 28 4-panel comics by next Wednesday. ...And maybe 56 4-panel comics if I'm feeling ambitious and have the time. O_O!