Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga Month (MaMo) 2011

A February deadline...I think I can do it. If everyone else is in, I guess I should be in too...So yeah, I guess I'm in this too.
    I'm here. Your life just got 0.000000000001% better.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    :adds to list: Sweeet! That makes 15 of us now. Good luck to everyone!! We have 20 days left....

YAY i got almost everything done.. only the final touches and the cover and im postin it in the album thingy!!! WOOHOO

I can't meet the deadline DX I'll have to pass and join the next competition

Damn 20 days left? I might not make it cuz atm I don't have a computer to work with again >_>.... My bro and sis took back their laptops so I'm left with nothing atm but I'll see what I can do.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Gedeon
    Wow! Maybe you'll be the first one out the gate. Can't wait to see it!

@ Son44
    Awwwww~! Giving up so soon? I'm a bit behind as well but I hope to catch up...

@ MiKuRu
    That's tough MiKuRu. Got a digital camera? Maybe you can just go back to good 'ol paper and pen and take a picture...

I think the people quitting are missing the general idea of what these events are about. It's not about whether or not you can actually finish, it's about actually starting. If you manage to reach your goals and finish the project then awesome. The reason that most books don't get written, paintings painted, or music produced is because people always think that they can do it tomorrow. Just get up and do it, if you fall short at least you tried and you have something to show for it even if it is unfinished.

It doesn't have to be a masterpiece just as long as you are producing something. That's the philosophy that is drilled into the heads of people that do Nanowrimo. I think we should keep that in mind.

Why quit? Just do as much as you can and if life hits you over the head with other things then maybe you won't get done. But you sure as hell won't finish if you decide to just quit.

Take me off the list, I don't think I can finish the chapter on time.

@ Rio: Yea I'm already working on it =D. I'll scan it up when I get a few pages done .

oh! i also got one more question, are we going to critique the comic art too? and say which like which ways can be improved? that would help ALOT! especially for those who really want to become a pro mangaka.
    not like "you drew this wrong" more like "if you deleted this panel, that be more effecient". get the point?
    it'll not also help us to meet up deadlines but to also improve as we draw them.
    Last edited by Leoh; 02-11-2011 at 01:08 PM.