I've been considering this for awhile now and I just want to gauge how many here would be interested in participating in an event like NaNoWriMo except instead of writing for a month, we'll be doing a manga for a month.

The concept is just to have participants to get off their ass and create something by the end of the month in a supportive environment. The result is participants will get experience creating their own manga, will have finished a manga, and just bounce off ideas and get feedback from everyone.

There were two things I can see people doing this. They can either a) make a manga a day (i.e. one 4-koma per day) or b) create one manga chapter by the end of the month. How polished (i.e. inked, etc) the final item is depends on each person but the basic goal is to just get something done.

I've actually done something like this but I made a small video game. I had fun with it and really liked all the support and camaraderie that popped up between participants and just people who liked watching everyone's progression. Everyone also got to play all the resulting games at the end of the month too!

Let me know if you're interested in participating!

==========================================

Details
Goal: Finish a chapter of manga by the end of February.

Extra Info: Page length, type of story and so on will depend on each participant. It would be best to have a finished manga that is inked but the main goal is to have a completed chapter.

Tutorials: All About Manga Paper - teaches basics of manga composition/panel management and also has links to digital manga paper for your use.

Participants
Angel_Dreamer13
Bacon_Barbarian
DrPumpkin
Gedeon
Jaidurn
Leoh
M3S1H
MiKuRu
Nisaren
PWhit
Rio