Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traditional Manga Collabaration??

Quote Originally Posted by tag654 View Post
    Again ClockHand, I Know Ill Be A Mangaka,Because As Long As I Try,No Obstacle Can Get In My Way,And I Will Prevail Through The Good And The Bad,Until I Reach My Goal-My Dream-Being A World Renound Mangaka.

I wanted it to be VERY clear to you about what I mean.

To Verify That You Understand.

I do, but it seems you don't understand how things work in reality.

Trust me,I know how hard the road is seeing that Im US decent and not japanese,and that Im not Naturally "pro",but you know....Somehow,I know I can do this,Being a manga artist is my dream and its something id do anything to have come true.

Though the possibilities are slim,There will be many obstacles,and maybe I might even get rejected...I feel It can be Reality...

Example~ J.K Rowling - Though its a bit different,she was poor,struggle,but look at her now....Shes a billionare~

I don't think you know. The whole thread is proof that you really don't know how hard it is, and that you are oblivious to the challenges provided by reality with your "somehow I know I can do this". And is not about being pro, having skills, talents or anything like that, its about having real goals, having goals you can reach, and use them in a smart way to accomplish your supposed "dreams" (which are also ruled by something that it could really happen).

And again, this whole thread is prove that you are not ready, that you are too young and you are oblivious to everything on reality, the whole idea of someone wanting to be a "mangaka" is like a 6 years old kid wanting to be a hollywood director. It's a deviated dream for someone who doesn't understand the point, or better say, the real goal from the professional, from the one who determinate the status of both director or mangaka.

Bad example, the big difference between you and J. K. Rowling, is that, one she didn't try to be a mangaka, something that its only allowed for people of a distinguished nationality, but also that she learned, she tried to get better and she also provided something that was needed (a time where kids didn't read that much and she provided something that kids want to read).

But let's back at this thread. I'm telling you to let this idea go if you are not ready or if this doesn't seem proper. Doing this kind of work is hard, really hard, and if you don't have the proper environment to work in it (good communication with people, good writing, good skills, etc), then drop it and work, get better and pick the project with a better schedule ones things are more proper for work.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    If it's a simple personal project with a partner, let em have it, and add in some helpful tips towards that goal.
    If it's meant to try to go for a professional route, I'll agree with Clock and say good luck, because chances are definitely extremely slim.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

(-_-) - No comment

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    I'd say, just go for it. Even though the chances are extremely slim you'll ever make it, there are people in the world that have made it.

Just one thing, unless you are Japanese (or move to Japan, and speak Japanese etc.), you will never be a mangaka. Since manga is a Japanese comic. (there are countless discussions about this matter on these forums already)

Quote Originally Posted by Shindoutou View Post
    I'd say, just go for it. Even though the chances are extremely slim you'll ever make it, there are people in the world that have made it.

Just one thing, unless you are Japanese (or move to Japan, and speak Japanese etc.), you will never be a mangaka. Since manga is a Japanese comic. (there are countless discussions about this matter on these forums already)
    ^What shin said