Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traditional Manga Collabaration??

Hybrid View

Traditional Manga Collabaration??

OK,Me and A artist Ive met on deviantart are making a very short one-shot type manga(very short) as practice for my Real manga,in which my buddy is scripting right now...

The problem is that...I really dont know how We can do a collaboration without being in the same place drawing together you know - or digital...

She has no tablet and says she sucks at digital,I have a tablet,Im ok...

Its very confusing...Were trying to sort things out...

I just finished a chapter in scripting and shes gonna do the characters but from there im kinda lost as in who does what???!!!

Help , as I need guidance....I am SOOooo Confused..

Help?

Drop it.

?What?

Thats a bit rude... (>:|-)

Im trying to find a solution,dropping it is not an option,Its a way to test If ME and This other artist are actually ready to draw for my actual manga...

"drop it" , please , leave if you cant give better advice,or suggestions.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yep, cut it, Clock. Telling someone to 'drop it' with nothing else to back exactly what you mean is simply being rude.

As for the question.
    I suggest you guys map out the jobs at hand and split them off evenly, since it's just the two of you. Or split individual jobs in half to even out the workload, OR split them by what you're good at.
    You're going to need lots of communication with each other if you want this to work more than a few pages, because it can be real tough, and if you're not organized, you're kinda screwed from the beginning.

So what I'm saying is, set stuff up like an assembly line, and take your time.
    You work on this part, send it off.
    She works a bit on the part you started, send it back.
    You finish it up or add finishing touches, get to work on step 2.

But do not rush.
    Hope that helps a bit.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Its simple, if you have communication problems at working digitally with someone, its hard for you to work with someone digitally, if you and the other person have different goals, skills, requests, etc. And if you both don't feel secure with the relationship of skills and mediums to produce your work. Then why bother?

Drop it, try to get better, try to use your time in better things, and try to make a more programed work schedule. Because as far I can say, for the question you are making I can give it almost for sure that you guys are not going to finish it or its going to end with a quality which none of you are going to be happy (also, fights between people).

And you don't need to "test it", I can bet you guys are not ready just be looking the thread you did.

No,Im saying,

SHE dosent have a tablet,and Shes a good artist but I really have no clue if we can pull this off.

The only way I think we can do this.Is if I do everything,and she just draws the characters/outfits,giving me an idea of what they look like - therefore her job would only be to get me a metal image of what Im supposed to be drawing and helping out very little...

Or

She can do roughs....can them or take a picture then I can either print them and do them traditionally and/or digitally since I have the tools for digital,etc...

My original question though,was is there an easier way for 2 artist to Actually do a manga without being in the same workspace?!

- Clockhand,You seem to have a very Pestimistic attitude about things.And theres nothing wrong with asking questions...Ive only been drawing for A year and a half now,But Ive progressed so much....And I believe I HAVE what it takes to be a mangaka....If you have trouble believing that then go ahead,but I know I will...

Quote Originally Posted by tag654 View Post
    - Clockhand,You seem to have a very Pestimistic attitude about things.And theres nothing wrong with asking questions...Ive only been drawing for A year and a half now,But Ive progressed so much....And I believe I HAVE what it takes to be a mangaka....If you have trouble believing that then go ahead,but I know I will...
    So you have what it takes to be a mangaka?

Again, you are giving me proofs that you are not ready for this.

I suggest that your friend invests in a tablet, or does she have particular reasons for not being able to do such a thing? There are many cheap yet good tablets out there and if she is as good as you say she shouldn't have much trouble adapting to a tablet if she works diligently with it. I also agree with GunZ, what he said is very true and requires consideration from you and her. Finally I also agree with clock, its crutial you solve any communication problems, decide roles within your team and how you're going to go about this project before you get started or it won't work, clock may be cryptic and blunt about it but he speaks the truth.

I didn't believe people outside of Japan were allowed to become a Mangaka, but good luck with your endeavour I'm sure you will do well!

Thanks Demon,for the info and support,Ill try and ask her...and see if she can get one - She lives in indonesia,so idk but Ill see.

- Again ClockHand, I Know Ill Be A Mangaka,Because As Long As I Try,No Obstacle Can Get In My Way,And I Will Prevail Through The Good And The Bad,Until I Reach My Goal-My Dream-Being A World Renound Mangaka.

Quote Originally Posted by tag654 View Post
    Again ClockHand, I Know Ill Be A Mangaka,Because As Long As I Try,No Obstacle Can Get In My Way,And I Will Prevail Through The Good And The Bad,Until I Reach My Goal-My Dream-Being A World Renound Mangaka.