Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animes that are good

Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    I've not seen the dub personally, but I heard the English version of Baccano was pretty good (and I think it's also on Netflix, if you're that way inclined). If you don't feel cars would be too mechanical, Redline also has a good dub and there's a legit free stream of it here.
    I'll second Baccano and add Durarara as well. Those two alone kept me entertained for weeks.

shingeki no gunzet attack on mangatutorials

Golgo 13 (also on Netflix) is really good imo

Quote Originally Posted by Art Beginner View Post
    baccano what is that about? and attackururu on el titan?

just looking for an anime that my gf can watch with me she does like bleach n naruto,death and angle beats but thts all shes watched, i heard the anime monster is good?
    It's not the easiest one to describe, but Baccano is a sort of action/fantasy show about feuding mafia families getting mixed up with immortal alchemists in the 1930s US. It's bloody and violent at times, but it's often very funny too.

Monster is very good, but it's a slow moving series and I don't think it's ever been dubbed into English.

I like Golgo 13 as well, but eh... it's not the first thing I'd think of to watch with the missus. It's a pulp thriller about an emotionless, unstoppable hitman.
    Last edited by Gaff; 10-24-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
    I like Golgo 13 as well, but eh... it's not the first thing I'd think of to watch with the missus. It's a pulp thriller about an emotionless, unstoppable hitman.
    I dunno. That depends on the missus

Kemono no Souja Erin
    Twelve Kingdoms
    Seirei no Moribito
    FLCL
    Sword Art Online

I'm not entirely sure FLCL and Kemono no Souja Erin are dubbed, but they are still very well done anime. If you liked all that other shounen crap, you'd most likely like Sword Art Online. It's fairly popular and just recently dubbed. Twelve Kingdoms and Seirei no Moribito are based on novels, so they are very well written and are really fun to watch too. Seirei no Moribito has some of the best background art in an anime I've seen as well. Lemme know if you need any more recs.

I watched FLCL on adult swim when I was younger so Im pretty sure its dubbed.

ya FLCL is definitely dubbed. And i would also recommend FLCL it influenced me a lot when i was younger

I have FLCL on dooveedee. It's well dubbed, mucho greatness and ultra hyper strange-good.

It's a bit hard not to suggest the obvious classics here, but Cowboy Bebop and GitS are popular for good reason. If you like really weird things (Ala FLCL), then Dead Leaves and Red Line are some more (short but sweet) classics. I know at least two of those have been brought up, but they have my vote, anyhow.

About not wanting to see mecha stuff; I don't blame you. Almost all mecha series from the last couple of years have been garbage. I wouldn't let it colour your opinions on the older series, through, most of them do not behave quite as much like the power rangers, as the modern Gundam series do.

As a rule of thumb about such things, I'd say if it looks like they put all the effort into the robots and the characters are super boring bishes, let it pass. If the characters look interesting and the robots look goofy as smeg, it's probally a good-un.
    Last edited by Regantor; 10-24-2013 at 07:28 PM.

I personally think XXXholic is an awesome English dubbed anime. I prefer the English dub to the original Japanese VA's.