Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cypress' Fun House Den Playtime Room of Enjoy

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar

Hmm, how's this then? Taylour advised that it was the way the hair worked that made the neck look big, so I tweaked that a bit. I also added more value to the shoulders, which was a good call on her part (I noticed that I had made an anatomy error in the process). The collar bones are centered now. I'll try to fiddle w/ the contrast in the next edit. Thanks to you and Taylour both.

I dunno how I feel about giving her more chin, though. She already has a nose-length's worth of chin. I think that's enough, IMO.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I dunno, draw her naked so I can see what exactly is wrong

Lol, looking pretty awesome for something you'll probably won't finish. Most of those issues are rooted out now, with those other issues done, I'm not really tripping on the chin as much.

Thanks for your help, dude. Appreciate it. On a side note, I'm having some trouble doing a good paintover for your "footsoldier" sprite. Mind if I modify it a bit?

This is the last edit for now. I've adjusted everything to Miss Taylour's very specific specifications.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Okay, I'm done being picky now. Gj.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Sick, np.
    And ye man, I don't mind if you switch up the design, it's cool.
    I'm putting out the newest version soon, it'll still use the old sprites...I think I'll hold the ones you've done for when I have all of the silhouettes done, so stuff is already there to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    , Strawberrypeach, but if it's an issue, it's worth fixing. Any advice on how I can make this person less stiff?.
    Well, I guess if no one else mentioned anything about it, then it must not be an issue Like I said, maybe I'm wrong, and I struggle with making my people look not stiff, so I'm not 100% sure one would go about it, since I'm still learning :P

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberrypeach View Post
    Well, I guess if no one else mentioned anything about it, then it must not be an issue Like I said, maybe I'm wrong, and I struggle with making my people look not stiff, so I'm not 100% sure one would go about it, since I'm still learning :P
    Actually I agree with you, Peach. When Cype adds value to his drawings they seem to become rather stiff -- which is absolutely fine for things like mecha and weapons and such -- unfortunately, I haven't quite figured out what to suggest in order to solve the problem either. o - o"

Just because nobody bothered to mention it before doesn't mean you're wrong. x]

I agree. lol. Tell me if you figure anything out.

I think the main problem with the stiffness is that you use to much hard line/edges or that some areas aren't blended well enough. By that I mean they aren't smooth out as much as they should be, I played around with your girl (ZING!! 8D), heres what I got, think that kinda solve your problem...somewhat O_o?

The abdominal area, the nose, lips, eye lids, and hair were some area that I found not blended out smooth enough. What program are you using atm? Group Board or Gimp?

GIMP. And that occurred because I used a sharpen filter to raise the contrast, which also made everything...well...sharper. Though I'm getting mixed messages now because Taylour prefers the hard values on the stomach. Hmm.