Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cypress' Fun House Den Playtime Room of Enjoy

is it just because the image isnt loaded for me or is that wip blurry??

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    It's //very// blurry. I'm still in very early stages of rendering/coloring.

EDIT:++++++

I canceled the dragon girl project...

My GIMP crashed about 4 or so hours in. =/
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 02-05-2011 at 09:30 PM.

[img]See latest.[/img]

Random character concept that I gave up on.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 02-12-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Banned
    I wish you didn't give up on that character lol, reminds me of Juri a little. A character I use to style explore on. But good job.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    That sleeve. Those hips. Those skulls! o - o Even the hand looks pretty great.

Okay, what I don't like so much:

- The hair hanging down in front of her ear probably wouldn't curve like that unless there was a lot of hair product in it. More likely it would hang down almost completely straight.

- The neck looks odd because it gets really wide right at the base of the skull.

- Not really a big deal, but the ear looks sort of funny with that line running across it like that. Generally, I believe it would be angled more downwards and sort of 'disappear' before the curves.

- This part is a bit tricky, but something looks off about her left boob area -- as if it's bigger or lower down than the other one? Maybe I'm imagining things. > - >

- And because I like to be really critical -- I think the collar would look better without the triangle bits. They sort of make me think of a clown costume. Though, perhaps that was your intention...? > . >

Really nice job overall though. You should have finished it.

Thanks for your help, Taylour. I decided I would polish it up a bit.

I think the biggest improvement was made in the face, by shifting everything upwards. Correct perspective FTW.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 02-12-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That scythe looks badass, and I may just steal it. But one thing that keeps bothering me, even in this version, is what Tay said.
    The neck, perspective or not, there's something odd about it. The rest is epic, you seem to really like low-ride jeans now for some reason....you wear any bro?

I like your art a lot! One thing I've noticed though is that when you draw people, they look kind of stiff or not enough fluidity to them. Maybe I'm wrong, I mean you're really good, but that's just what I noticed.

Hmm. Any idea what's wrong with the neck? I'll fix it, but I'm having trouble discerning what the issue is. I narrowed it down in the process of re-adjusting the perspective, as Tay advised. The issue before was that one of the "triangle things" in the collar was filled in white, so it looked like there was no neck behind it, making her neck seem oddly funnel-shaped. And I've never had anyone say that to me before, Strawberrypeach, but if it's an issue, it's worth fixing. Any advice on how I can make this person less stiff?

And no, I don't wear low-ride jeans lawl.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'd slip the underside of the neck down so she has more chin, right now it seems like it's taking up a lot of her lower face for some reason. I also see now that you did fix it a bit, but due to the grays behind her being almost identical to the skin, I can't notice, so it's making her neck look bigger than it is. Throw some higher contrast up in that joint son.