Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cypress' Fun House Den Playtime Room of Enjoy

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar

Cypress' Fun House Den Playtime Room of Enjoy

k, guys. I'm officially on the new forum. Yep.

Here's something to break in the thread.

And then a Groupboard sketch:

The attempted highlights on her legs are total fail haha.

Banned
    Looks good and you're really nice at anatomy but I am not good at critques, but the elbow looks a little disconnected on our right hand side. Otherwise it looks like a really cool semirealistic style.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Looks pretty good overall except the part that Hamdrank pointed out. Also, with so much detail in everything else, it's a bit disappointing to see the gun behind her in such a non-descriptive way.

Btw, if those are jean shorts, I would expect them to go around her and not look like they were just body-painted on. I mean, where's the bulk? Where's the parts that stick out away from the skin?

Last thing: her pinky looks too short where the glove is.

Yeah, this was just a (45 min) practice sketch to help me get better at value and, for that reason, little work went into the gun. IMO, it's relatively easy to assign value to rigid, inorganic objects, so more focus was placed on the girl. Regardless, I definitely appreciate your inputs. You're absolutely right about the jean shorts, and the pinky thing is something I definitely overlooked. The elbow does look wonky in retrospect.

Also, the first picture in the link you posted, Rio, ruined my day. Rofl. *vomit*

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Also, the first picture in the link you posted, Rio, ruined my day. Rofl. *vomit*
    lol Yeah, that's a very popular image for cards that I see recycled and used every.single.time. I guess it's a really big seller and that's why it keeps being used. D:

It really caught me off guard. xD

Anyway, here is Mai Shiranui that I drew on the GB (then edited in GIMP to fix certain facial features). It was done on a single layer, so forgive any blurry areas. I think this was a work of 3 hours, total? I was working on it on and off yesterday in the GB, while playing Alan Wake (=O!) and King of Fighters MI2.

I like both of the sketches, but the sling for the bazooka (correct me if I am wrong) doesn't look right since the strap ends are at the same place. Was it intentional to do that?

No. It was a stupid mistake I made that I didn't realize until much later on haha. But I was too lazy to fix it. =[ Regardless, thanks for pointing it out. You have a sharp eye. xD

Here's a cruddy mech I drew in GB. It's really wonky due to lack of a line tool:

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Holy fk, man...I don't even see where you come up with your designs, seriously. That's epic.

The only thing I can say, is that it seems a bit off balance. Maybe throw a shadow underneith it to give it more prescence?

Wow I love your drawings! The gray-scale that you've been doing looks awesome, and makes the whole drawings flow very nicely. Your anatomy looks amazing for both of the people, and the design for the last one is great. It might be just me, but the shoulders on the first girl seem a little, I guess small, in their volume. Like it doesn't seem like everything that's supposed to be inside of them can be in there, but it also might just be the style. The only other thing is what GunZet said, with that the last one seems a little "wobbly."