Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rubisko's Sketchbook

Thanks Demon =)

I've drawn some stuff with paper and pencil again. I drew all but the last one in the car, and I can't find my eraser so there are some road-bumps in the lines. But anyway; cool or not?

Thank you for looking =D

Haha, cool or not? This look awesome! I really like the first one! Also, the hair-like part of the third picture is just wonderful!

Those surpass cool Rubisko xD they are all in a category of their own I love the way you can keep the lines so straight even without a rulers aid

agreed with everything said i love how you manage to get expressions in machines too!

Thank you <3
    If you have time, could you please try to tell me why you prefer some over others, that would really help me come up with cooler stuff in the future =)

I think the robot Cyclops look pretty cool with the fact that they look emotionless and threatening, in your project if it involves a military theme or some sketches involving a defence system then they would be pretty good to use in my opinion but the way you put the runes on the bottom ones also made them look, high up and mighty at the same time, could combine that face with robes and get some royalty or something along those lines maybe?

But I also thought the female robot holding a mask was a good idea, you could have them wearing masks to make them appear more humanoid and relatable which could give the sense of society or something like that?

Sorry if that either doesn't make sense, isn't what you are looking for or is complete rubbish, those were just my incoherent thoughts which were hard to put it into words :L

It makes perfect sense. It's almost the same as I had planned, and that's cool. I want a third variation too, but I haven't quite figured that one out yet

i like how they look human-like, but so obviously machine-y, like normally with roboty things they're either completely syntheticly identical to humans you cant tell the difference, or completely machine like, i like how this is a mix - like even though the faces are sharp and box like, they still have a human feature,and like the shape of the body of the female character. i agree with demon on all the cool markings and things too

as for a third variation its a bit tricky to think of another.. i mean first thoughts is just the 'ordinary' citizens, though that may be a bit difficult to portray.. maybe you could do something unique like elderly robots or something? or have like a unique branch of the military like an all female / all male section, or like something that sets them apart from the others, like ninjas or whatever (im not saying have ninja robots, im just using as an example of making something about them that sets them apart, like an elite fighting force that are used for special missions or w/e :P)

Oh i'm glad I made sense xD

Continuing with the theme of society; you have a military force, a high tier sector which could be nobles and leaders etc and your third society could be a low sector which could be made of decaying and rusted robots dismissed as they are older models or just aren't required, or maybe to give them even more distinguishable human traits such as being poor, being afflicted/injured or just different variety compared with the other dominant models (probably occupying the higher tiered sector)?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 09-17-2012 at 02:21 PM.

seems like me and demon had similar thoughts at the exact same time haha