Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Rubisko's Sketchbook

wow. this is awesome.

you mean you're doing the battle thing? COOL. i mean this looks epic already. i think it has too many panels in one page... the action scenes 3 and 4 (?) in the middle may look great in bigger frames... effects look really great, i could already feel the action involved from 6 to 10. good job on that.
    I also love the texture.

Sketches are amazing by the way. i really like the design of the female with a staff. i love the pose too.
    that's all, sorry if not much help...
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

My favs are 7, 10 and 11 7 has a lot of action and movement, which would be good for portraying battle, and 10 has a really nice landscape to give you a proper feel for what's going on, and it looks like it'd be a cool landscape too. 11 looks like you're right in the heat of it too, and i like the closeup of the face and hand

i like the design on the third page of sketches of the two (male and female?) creatures near the top left. the spikes on the head, and the trident like staffs remind me of sea creatures and fits together really well. not really any there i dont like.. maybe the very first sketches, of the blobby things with tentacles, but it depends on what they're supposed to be - if they're meant to be a creature, it seems a bit lumpy and boring, though if it's just meant to be like a plant or machine or something then it may fit it better!

Heh, I'm slightly disappointed as, when I first saw the thumbs, I thought you were planning out pages of a graphic novel.

I really like No.11 though. Maybe it's just the contrast between the white mask (?) and the black background, but it just stood out to me.

@Bunny: Thanks, yeah this is not a comic page btw, it's just ideas for the theme. I won't be able to produce anything for the challenge deadline though, stuff got in between. I'll probably try to do 10 though, it's way outside my comfort zone so it should be a good thing to try and draw it.

@Shadowsfade: Thank you for sharing your thoughts =). I do sketches like those every day, at least one page in the morning to loosen up and then at least one more in the evening to calm down. I'm gonna post them inside spoilers here in this thread from now on, to inspire demonfyre to get off his ass and do the same. The blobs were supposed to be plants or something, but they aren't that great. The first one reminds me of a pokémon, I can't remember which one. It's from the first or second expansion though, I'm sure of that. The first 152 I know very well =3

@Gaff: hehe, it wouldn't make a very good composition for a comic page. I just think it's fun to play around with different canvas dimensions, I guess it does look a bit like a comic page though. I think 11 looks best too, but It's probably not the one I will go for in the end. But it's the one I would have least trouble with, so I might up doing it anyway. Thanks for your input

Ok, so from now on I will do things a bit different. First I will have a section with stuff that I'd like critique on, then I will put stuff inside spoilers at the end, just because it's fun to post stuff. You are of course very welcome to give feedback on the spoilered stuff as well, but I won't cry if you don't (at least I'll try to hide my tears =P ).

I forgot about it in my last post, but I've recently started doing silhouette sketches. It's a bit different from how I'm used to do things, and I know there are people here on MT who's been doing it for a long time, and if you read this you are more than welcome to share things you know about it with me

And then I did this starting with a black silhoutte as well, and it's the only color you're gonna see in this post

SPOILER! :
    Because I never post manga-ish stuff:

wow cool. so this is what you mean by drawing from outside in. I should really try. Now I'm learning. Thanks.

Sorry no crits... I just have to express my gratitude.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Awesome stuff as always