Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Rubisko's Sketchbook

hmm interesting.
    do you happen to be interested in technical design courses like architecture or industrial design? your attention to detail is commendable, especially in the part of the (assumed) female bot. its nice to see someone envisioning all this in 2d sketches. Usually i meet people who would go directly to 3d applications and work from there... maybe that's a good path for you... although it will take some time to learn, but with your display of technical skills i say that you can pick up really fast. good luck to you. hope to see some more, like what the others have suggested...

btw, i browsed through your works and this happen to get my attention. its a really cool design. reminds me a lot of the game Persona 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post

I don't usually use blocky stuff very much when I draw, so I figured I try it out. For some reason it gives of the vibe of action cartoons from when I was a kid, so I had to slap on some cartoony colour in photoshop. Other than that, it's just pen and marker. Comments and critique is as always very welcome
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4's Kanji Tatsumi Persona
    SPOILER! :

i hope you dont mind me quoting your previous work. i just had the urge to show you

Last edited by BunnyVoid; 09-21-2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: just wanna add something more...
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Thank you BunnyVoid, I had never heard of that title before. And I have actually never met someone who would rather sketch in a 3d application than in a 2d medium, to me that just seems a very time consuming thing to do.

I decided to do a sketch for the weekly challenge, because I've never drawn pandas before. This is some of the panda-sketches I didn't submit

Very cute! They look really good!

Thanks JJ, I have really started to enjoy the look of my sketches lately

Here's more robots

This is a drawing, I plan to paint it, But I have some errors to fix before I start doing that. If you see something feel free to add to my list if you spot anything.

For this one I didn't have a good drawing when I started, and I just find things to fix all the time, I nearly threw it out but in the end think I managed to save it; I finally know where to go with it from here =)

Really like the last one... really dramatic shading. Cant really critique anything....nice robots man.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

The details and design work is awesomesauce. Definitely, no crits on that, only praises. hehe...
    Shading on the second one is dramatic. Looks like a screenshot of the movie. I admire the difference in detail and feel you put in the two bots.
    For the first pic, i think the foot on the left is a bit thin. If it was intended as a foreshortening i suggest adjusting the angle of the foot's bridge a bit more perpendicular to the ground with the toes a little more to the back.

Can't really critique on anything more since both works are still wips. Hope to see them soon. Like I said, they're both awesome!
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

I've already given you my thoughts on these but I am going exclaim again how incredibly awesome those last two drawings were, and how well your project is going with the bottom one however I do think you could add more detail onto the chassis but that is really it
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

You just get more awesome xD they look great! As the others said, the dramatic lighting on the second picture is really cool

cant really see anything to critique.. i guess my only question would be, for the first robot, are his feet meant to be on the ground, or is he meant to have sort of bent legs, like.. if you've seen draenei on world of warcraft? or similar to horses? just if it's meant to be normal legs with feet on the ground, it looks a lil bent, maybe coz the foot looks quite long in comparison to the shin.

Hi, I've uploaded a more finalized version to my dA-account, feel free to head over and check it out (I haven't used it for over a year, and it could really need some traffic to dust it off) http://fav.me/d5g8lxw

@Ged: Thanks man
    @BunnyVoid: Thanks! You have helped me more than you would think by spotting and posting about the smaller foot. In fact I think that both the arm and the leg are smaller than their opposites, but I'm suffering from perfectionism and often end up things that aren't broken (except in my opinion the are). Now I know it wasn't just me, I'll fix that =)
    @Demonfyre: Thanks dude, I didn't add anything on the torso in this version, but if I come up with some insignia or something to "paint on" I'll do it. I did restructure and sharpen it up though.
    @Shadowsfade: I haven't seen WoW's dranei, but I'm pretty sure that they are what you think they are. The feet is not supposed to be flat against the ground in other words =) And thank you

Long time no see guys! Well, not very true, but it sure has been a while since I last posted here.

I'm thinking about whipping up something quick for the weekly challenge here on MT. I drew a few quick sketches, but can't really decide which one to go with. I like nr 8, 10 and 11.

Sketches. I know it's terribly hard to give critique on stuff like this, but if you're able to tell me if you like or dislike a particular thingy (and why you like or don't ) that will help me too =)
    SPOILER! :

Thanks