Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rubisko's Sketchbook

Wow, you have awesome people drawing skills!! The frog band is looking great too, not anything i can see to comment on (:

Thank you Shadowsfade

I've decided to re-write an examination in discrete maths later this week, and so I have spent the last couple of weeks preparing and kind of missed out on my promise to myself of weekly updates here. So I've got some math doodles to show you, feel free to leave any kind of comments or critiques you want, I highly appreciate it as always =)

(This is not usually how you put the tail on a creature, but yeah...pen )

See you all again at the end of the week

your sketches are amazing man

My god, they are all so awesome :O I love the last one, with an alien looking creature pointing towards what looks like university grade maths xD

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Oooo. Alien Creatures. Really nice, Rubisko!
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

oh god I love your school doodles. They're inspiring me to try and doodle as much as possible once the school year starts. Oh man I'm so excited

You are brilliant at coming up with monster designs and aliens though, man.

ermahgerd, is that legion? Or just geth inspired? Your sketches are awesome man.

@Cloudy, Demonfyre and Prince of Angels: Thank you I don't know what to say, it's so overwhelmingly positive feedback.
    @Toast: Thanks girl, I take pride in being a bad example. Incidentally it seems that a lot of people really enjoy sketches a lot more if they are complemented by maths. It seems that one of my most appreciated artistic pieces so far is my notes from Mechanics I. I always drew out everything in 3d because it helped me a lot, and people just loved looking through my notes. Maybe it's a cool thing to do for presentation of concept art and stuff.
    @N_Top: Very much geth inspired at the least. Well, as far as I see it plainly is a geth. They were the coolest creatures in ME in my opinion. And thank you =D

I've had trouble drawing since last week, a lot of things are clogging up my brain. But I've drawn some food at least

Actually it also feels like all the stuff I've drawn over the last few weeks are very similar; just a lot of monsters and I really don't want to end up being able to draw nothing else. So what should I try to focus on instead? Maybe environments, so I can brush up my painting skills as well, what do you think?

very nice, I love the mixture of lineart and watercolours =D might I ask what type of paper/sketchbook you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    @Toast: Thanks girl, I take pride in being a bad example. Incidentally it seems that a lot of people really enjoy sketches a lot more if they are complemented by maths. It seems that one of my most appreciated artistic pieces so far is my notes from Mechanics I. I always drew out everything in 3d because it helped me a lot, and people just loved looking through my notes. Maybe it's a cool thing to do for presentation of concept art and stuff.
    yeah, the math makes it seem even more futuristic and kewl, idunno

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    I love the food sketch. What did you use to colour it?
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo