Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forum Wars PBP Brainstorming/Design Thread

Butthronecrafts

Game of Posts... Craft.

I actually decided to call it a game of posts for now. Weird we both came up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I actually decided to call it a game of posts for now. Weird we both came up with that.
    so you are the kind of person who pick other people ideas as yours? I SEE.

Man I made my thread before I even read your post this is libel

guys what about calling it game of posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    guys what about calling it game of posts
    I actually LAUGH OUT LOUD.

Ok James is having me test the combat so here we go.

The army of Wulfhelm march towards the city walls from the north and the west, with troops wielding shields and carrying ladders to get over the city wall are leading in front of archers followed by more soldiers. The troops at the front hold their shields above their heads to protect from archers arrows and allow the soldiers carrying the ladders to approach and set them up against the sides of the city walls so soldiers are able to climb at take our any enemy troops along the top of the wall. The group attacking on the west side are using a similar tactic of shielding arrows with their shields above their heads as they protect themselves as well as a group pushing a battering ram forward to destroy the front gates. Behind them are archers shooting arrows on fire over the wall and into the city to damage any wooden structures and houses. After the gate is destroyed, my troops will methodically take over the city, street by street, killing any enemy soldiers who are resisting and taking those who surrender as prisoners.

War: 4
    Bid: 5

OOC: Okay at this point in the game Im aware that john only has 7 resources because I looked at his character sheet meaning he'll only have 2 left after this battle. Since I'm saving up for the Trader's arrival I decide to not bid at all and save my resource. I know we'll get the city back soon because my ally the Midnight Swashbuckler is in an adjacent city and he has lots of resources.

War: 3
    Bid: 0 - 1
    (OOC: The minus one is because my War stat is one lower than John's. If my War was one higher I would get a +1 bonus.)

OOC: Since I'm losing this battle I narrate my loss. If I had WON this battle I would have written about the towns defense but John would have narrated the actual outcome of the battle since the loser always narrates the outcome.

Zilong gazes at the approaching army as men die on either side of him. Flames erupt from nearby buildings and women and children run screaming towards their homes.

"Aw geez."

Stepping over arrow riddled dead bodies and gently pushing dying people out of the way, Zilong approaches his right hand man.

"Lord Zilong, we have no chance to survive. We must make our time!"

Zilong looks over the ridiculous amount of corpses once again before saying, "Mannn. Send word to the Midnight Swashbuckler that we have lost Avocado City."

The general nods and orders the men to retreat.

As Zilong begins to walk away he sees a crying child clearly scarred by the horror of combat.

"Don't judge me, kid. Every great general loses more than he wins."

OOC: Since I lost a city battle I now have to set travel to an adjacent city.

Set Travel: Monkey Town
    Last edited by jubeh; 07-16-2012 at 05:32 AM.

- Will there ba any sort of defense bonus for cities? I mean they have walls n' stuff.

- Also wouldn't it be easier to just take the "War" stat as a starting value and increase that with resources?
    I think thats more intuitive and still basically the same.