Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forum Wars PBP Brainstorming/Design Thread

Character sheet: There will just be one thread with one post per character and players will just edit that post.

Merchants: The backgrounds don't force you to play a certain way they just give you a bonus.

I know, but if you base your economy on trading, how would it work?

The merchants main advantage is that its easier for them to buy items. The economy wouldn't be based around resources as they refresh every week. Items would be the real currency.

okay.

how would you get said currency

Okay as of right now there are a couple ways to get items in addition to the Trader:

EXPLORING
    There will be exploration areas on the map. Every Turnaround or on a random day a monster will appear that. Fighting them is just like city combat except the monster has a power rating that you have to bid over. Every monster has a win and loss effect that can be resolved by the player without me needing to do anything.

RANDOM EVENTS
    Sometimes I will just do random shit and that could include giving items out.

This is weird, but we could say this is like a game of throne rts rpg game?

Like you are one dude trying to make an army or something?

But its weird, because resources are random, there is a strong play on individual rol playing, even so most of the idea try to go to the rts concept of it.

if u are a wanderer, how can u help fight in a WAR type of battle

Clock: I dont understand what you're saying.

Cake: You can't you need to affiliate yourself with a kingdom and get an army. I don't want unaffiliated dudes running around with armies because I think it would fracture the player-base too much.

Well, some attributes (war) and game mechanics go toward this war-kind of idea, rts. But others go to an individual level, like dueling and wandering. So, how are you going to marry this two ways of playing? And I make the reference to game of throne on how its character centered, and they are also running wars and kingdoms.

But I think cake propose the conflict very nice. As if you let people be wanderer, they lose the ability of war immediately, and affiliating to a kingdom is still weird, specially because if I have war 10, Cake affiliate to me, and I give him 5 of my war points, I'm actually weaker now.