Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady K's Sketch Corner - Taking 3 Requests!

So, here's my attempt at a redline. I hope my point comes across with respect to the perspective of the character's torso.

BunnyRedline

These perspective lines assume that you were going for a symmetrical costume design. If you didn't... well that shoots most of this to hell. Regardless of the cut of the dress, her left breast (our right) needs to be moved up just a little bit.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    GunZet : Thanks! How are you doing? Hahah, yeah, ppl with lives. :P Alright, the arm and wrist looks kind of painful so yeah gotta have to fix that as well. Her right legt just don't seem to connect with her rear end as well I wanted so probably gonna fool around with that a bit and see what works.

IllustrateMe : Yeah I have thought about her front skirt and I am looking at some reference to find the one I'm aiming for. The thing is, silk brocade used for making cheong sam is rather stiff and not really silky slidy, so you really have to stretch it for it have some folds. I'm gonna put some kind of folds anyway and see if I can do it without shading. Thanks for the crit!

nisaren : I luff your redline. It's so simple I could wack myself for not seeing it. Yeah, the skirt has been bothering me quite a bit and am looking for reference at the moment. Most probably will change the design of the skirt to something nicer (got a light bulb just last night while I was looking through thousands of pics of cheong sam and mini skirts) so hope the next pic will fix it. Thank for taking time for redlining and criting. You have my grattitude.

On another note, a long long long time ago, I did redlining perspective crit as well. Which is why I should kick myself in the hiney for not seeing the perspective fail in my bunny girl.

So yeah, let it be a lesson to me! ;A; (But then again, it's only I was too lazy to put perspective into consideration to begin with.)
    Last edited by Lady_Knife; 01-24-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Haha, after looking at your piece and realizing what was going on I went back to the piece that I'm currently working on and did the same thing and found a bunch of stuff off. XD Glad it helped

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Methinks you should enter the next SaiMoe contest. :3

I have an issue with one of her arms. If I have time later today, I'll draw something quick. On another note: I don't think bunny ears should have edges unless it was made of cloth. I would round off anywhere the ears bended, personally.

[UPDATED]

Okay, here's what I think you should do with the arms:

nisaren: Yeap it really did help make me rethink my basics. Thanks again!

Rio: (*poke poke* Woah, it's the Rio.)SaiMoe contest? Me? Really? But they're all seriously so good! Full on coloured and everything! (;A; ) Well, I'll promise to try my best in the next contest if there is to be one after this. ('A')

I have been thinking about the arms ever since GunZet pointed it out. Then I asked my sister to pose for me in a similar way and it's really difficult to pose like that without squeezing the boobs a bit unless you want your elbows sticking out like one is about to do the chicken dance. Well, back to the drawing board.

As for the ears, my sister once was costumed as a bunny for a party and she brought home these ears made from soft cloth and they were kind of pointy so I took my idea from that. Bug bunny is another reference I used. I like how her right bunny ear turned out but don't like her left bunny ear (remind me of a crab leg) so I'm gonna change that as well.

Thank you for your crit! You have my undying gratitude.

Again, thanks for all the crits and comments guys (or gals). While reading the C&Cs, it reminded me how important are the basics of basics, such as stick figures and perspectives. Also reminded me how out of practice I am (lol). But nothing like the new year to start afresh and hopefully with the help and inspiration of all you good people here, I'll be able to level up.

Cheers! ^_^
    Last edited by Lady_Knife; 01-26-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    : pokes back : Yes, it's me! THE Rio. MiKuRu said there will be another SaiMOE contest so you'll get your chance to participate.

@ nisaren and Lady K
    Mind if I use your image for a little quick tip tutorial on checking your artwork for mistakes? I think it'll help everyone out. C:

@Rio I don't mind as long as Lady K doesn't.

I didn't even really think about the arms, I was so focused on the dress, lol.

@Rio: It's alright with me as well. Go for it. ^_^

@nisaren: I didn't really think of it either, I was too focused on the cute. XD

My only concern is,more hips Cx

Nice pic so far, hope to see it finish

Iccy: Hey there my friend! How long has it been since I last seen ya? How are you doing?

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnyway, thanks for the crit! Now with more hip power she looks more zexy than cute. Dunno if I should go for it, I mean, I want her like CNY post card cute, not CNY playboy cute. But I guess I can try to make a balance of both.

I see you still have your Iccilicious style (you and Cype, ah, both create art that are death-worthy) and its good to see you back in action again. Again, thanks for the crit, I'll take the eyes and hip into serious consideration. Take care man!