Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady K's Sketch Corner - Taking 3 Requests!

I love her inocent expression, she has a cute face
    Rollin over the \/\/0RL|)

^Agreed. I think I might give her a hat officially. Maybe I just have a hat thing, but I really like it. (Hat thing started with Rena from Higurashi and Touhou)

Working on the SaiMoe pic and since the Holy Week is coming up soon the catholic church I go to is keeping me busy busy busy.
    Yay, another religious person! With Seefy gone, I was getting kinda worried that I'd be the only one.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Nerdonoff: Yeah I like that expression too. I think I'll keep it as the original request pic.

Matt: Hats are cute but I wonder if I should just take the hat off and do something else...hmmm...*sigh* I tend to overthink details cuz I want the pic to be nice. Ooo...you're catholic too? Ditto here. Just finished holy week. Happy easter! Yeah, I'm roman catholic but not always though, cuz up until when I was ten years old, I was buddhist and then mom started bringing me to church.

I thought of a new idea for my 2nd SaiMoe character. (the other idea I shelved it as it was not moe enough) So will be working on that for a while. Just finished the rough sketch last nite. Tonite I was working on it until I took a break and did this quickie practice thinggi.

She's a ballerina...in case...well...you were wondering. I give credit to Nisaren for the BG tip since I really love how he puts some BG colours in most of his pics. Also I've been watching and reading up tutorials on colouring and line art so hopefully some improvement would show in my pics.

Last edited by Lady_Knife; 04-28-2011 at 11:53 AM.

She does look really cute! Her arm, I think it's short, though. Wrist aligns with the crotch.

Religious talk ahead:
    SPOILER! :
    I'm not Catholic, I'm Protestant. I went to a friend's Catholic church once, and I honestly don't see differences worth all the dispute that goes on (between Catholics and Protestants). It's the same God, same Jesus.

Ooh, I like this latest piece. It looks like you've changed how you draw eyes a little in this piece as well. I like it better. I hope you take the picture a little further. I think you could tighten up the dress a little more, particularly around the area where it transitions from the skin tight leotard to the skirt. Maybe you could have her pushing the front of the skirt down a little while the back continues to rise or something like that. That could work well with a blushing face. I think that would push the moe-ness up a notch.

Matt: You're right about the arm, when I posted it, my sis and I noticed the knee should've been way shorter cuz of her arm - waist - thigh ratio. *shrug* oh well. It was a good practice sketch / colour. It's cool you're a protestant. I got a few pals who are the same as well and we all get along fine. You're right about that, there's not much difference.

Nisaren: Yeap, I changed the eyes a lot cuz of all the tutorials and youtube tutorials I've been watching /reading. At the moment I'm trying to learn how to use the pen tool properly for line art and to expand the variety of solid brushes I use for my colouring. It's a happy experimentation / practice and I feel like I'm getting back to the groove or hopefully even better than that. (or it could all be my imagination. lol)

It's 3 am here and I'm exhausted. Just finished my 2nd SaiMoe entry. Dunno if it's moe enough but I'm pretty happy with this pic as I've done a lot of work on it. It's not perfect but it's a heck lot better than what I normally do.

Not enough time to draw extra expressions for Victoria but better an entry than none! ^_^

C&C are all welcomed.

SAIMOE ENTRY NO.1
    Little Peony

SAIMOE ENTRY NO.2
    Victoria

Lovin' your colors LK!

Sparky-J: Thanks man. I'm gonna work on it somemore though. Not really satisfied with the colours. Too dark! D: One thing I do like though is the wood texture I used on the grammophone (spellcheck).

On a totally different note, your avatar is hypnotizing in a freaky kind of way. I keep looking at it like how a deer stares at headlights.

ahhhhh Lady-knife! You've gotten so amazing! (((: and and and and I think I might fan art your ballerina~ she's just lovely c:

p.s. o.o your colouring has really improved! , I love the phonograph in the back <3