Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Lady K's Sketch Corner - Taking 3 Requests!

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    's a good idea to use the ipad like that. How do you find it? As good as a tablet?
    In terms of crit, the back arm seems a bit flat. It reminds me of the cardboard stores put in shirt sleeves to prevent creases. I'm not too sure how to fix it to be honest. Maybe redraw using cylinders might help?
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

I agree the back arm/shoulder looks off. I think it's more a problem with the perspective of the piece. You need to decided if we're looking at more of a bird's eye view or side view. If we're at a side view (which I think fits better) the back shoulder would be lower. Still, very nice work. I know it takes a little more effort using the iPad.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    ScarletHue: its ok when u get used to the app and how it works. You get different results from using different tools. I still use the photoshop and tablet but these days its more for work.

Nisaren: thanks! I try to get as much practice with the ipad as possible. I try not to be distracted by the other apps... XD

I just finished this piece and it would b great to get some c&c from you all. Cheers!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Ooh, I like the desaturated colors and the soft coloring style. I love how the hair wasn't shaded in strands. The outfit is cute, too. Something about the face seems off, though. I think, given the size of the eyes, that the facial features could be moved down to make it seem less crowded. That might entail lowering the jaw, too, but I'm not sure.

The eyes look kinda close to the sides of the head, I think. I like the shading in the hair quite a lot though.

Celestial-Fox: I figured that you're right. The eyes are too big and too far apart. A child's face feature should be closer together to the centre. At least that's what I've read. lol. I'll try to amend it in photoshop (it's too big of hassle on ProCreate) and see how it turns out. The more I look at it right now, the more her eyes reminds me of a frog. (sad but disturbingly the truth)

Matt: Yeah eyes too close to the side or too far apart. So either i amend that or give her bigger nose and mouth. lol. We'll see. XD

Thank you both for your C&C! It's highly appreciated.

Double Digits Member Leonardoby's Avatar
    So PRO!!!

Thanks for your comments.

How is everyone doing? Everyone tip top and doing well, I hope.

Alright, time to blast the cobwebs off my stylus and break out the tablet. I've been away for far too long. So in order to get myself back into gear, I'm taking 3 requests~!

REQUESTS:
    1. Iccy

Please provide link to a picture of your request for reference. Thank you. ^_^
    Last edited by Lady_Knife; 09-26-2013 at 10:27 AM.