Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Lady K's Sketch Corner - Taking 3 Requests!

Ah, that's come up very well - does Procreate have a stabilizer option for when you're inking? I just ask, as the lines seem to end with a nice crisp point.

I'm soon to acquire an iPad to use at work, so I'm curious as well, does either Procreate or Sketchbook Pro allow you to manipulate an image after you've drawn it? I wouldn't be looking to do anything fancy, but I like to squash and stretch sketches in photoshop with the transform tools and it'd be handy if any of the portable apps supported that sort of thing.

Pretty nice! like the clothes. Two things i see wrong. The back of the head is big.....quite big.....bigger then it should be ( think) And the arm holding the sweet key-blade( is it? One of those Kingdom hearts weapons right?) is way too short. Other then that Nice pose sweet clothes & key-thingie design!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Your updated version looks nice. Although I think you need to zoom out a little more when you do your fine line work. All of your lines have a squiggliness to them. If you use broader arm movements (which you should be able to do using your iPad) you'll have much smoother straighter lines.

@Gaff You can do some manipulation of the image however it's very limited. Basically you can only do basic rotate and scale transformations, no skew or distorting like in photoshop, and there's is no selection tool - you transform the entire layer that you're working on. It can still be handy if you can figure out ways to work around the layer issue. In all, this probably helps you become a better artist as you're forced more often to just redraw or paint the area to get it right. Honestly though... for $4.99 you may as well get either Sketchbook Pro or Procreate (although I highly recommend Procreate!!). - Sorry LK for hijacking your thread. :X

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Gaff: what NIsaren said. Lol. I only just started using the updated Procreate and so far i've managed to work around the limitations. What Nisaren said is true, the limitations makes you think twice about what u do on the pic. So far i like the easy zooming and instant spinning whenever i work on a pic. But then again the lack of pressure sentivity is a minus. I like the brushes so far and i use the original settings. Haven't had a chance to customise anything.

Gedeon:i get what u mean. Thats not the back of her hair, its her poofy hair. The arm does seem short if u think it ends at the cuff of her jacket but it does't. Her wrist is past that and when i swing her arm back to her sides, it would fall just past her hips which would mean i got the general length of her arm just about right...
    Or at least somewhere around that ball park. But thanks for ur c&c!

Nisaren: i would love to fix that wobbliness of my lines. Still not use to drawing and keeping my resting hand off the drawing space, which causes the app to think i got two fingers on the surface. This could be rectified with a snooker glove but i dun have one. So for the moment i'll have to adapt and learn to draw nice lines without resting my hand/wrist. Just like chinese calligraphy. Thqnks for your c&c!!

Latest update. The colouring progress after a few more hours.

Last edited by Lady_Knife; 04-20-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Sry for being away for long periods of time. Work and all that.

***update***

And something i did in ProCreate, Ipad2 and wacom stylus. Took me about an hour or so.

That first one is looking really good! She's so cute!

The second is really pretty! I like the color choice!

I'd really like to see you push your coloring more on the first piece in your latest post. I think if you were to choose colors that have more contrast it'll make the image pop out a lot more because right now it seems to be rather flat.

JJJorgie: Thank you!

Nisaren: i get what you mean but having a hard time picturing it. Perhaps something like this?

*I erased the legs and the colouring for the eyes because i didn't like either of them.

Wow that looks good I like the colours you have chosen however I think because you have been blurring the colours together that you can't see the shading very well. I would recommend not blurring the shading to much as it starts to look flat but and instead make it quite distinct from the actual colour of the base. Just ignore this if you are still going to add more shading or whatever :P good job

Demonfyre: Thank u for your c&c. I'll try to incorporate what u said.

Break time. My oc Amy.
    Done with iPad 2 + ProCreate App + Wacom Bamboo Stylus.
    Time, an hour each day over a couple of days.
    C&C please, thank you!

Last edited by Lady_Knife; 09-12-2012 at 11:32 PM.