View Poll Results: Which did you choose?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Save the elderly person

3 23.08%
  • Save the murderous baby

1 7.69%
  • Save the kid who will kill your family

1 7.69%
  • Save the useless and careless mother

2 15.38%
  • Number five

6 46.15%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So you gotta make a choice

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    You should put a poll in with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

#1 because I'm swell
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Didn't they practice this kind of decision making in schools back in the Cold War times? I'm not exactly sure what the save/don't save criteria were, but I'm under the impression that you save whoever could contribute the most to society.

While I'd be tempted to save the elderly person, I'd save the baby and help raise him with full knowledge of serial killers, genocide, and psychology so that he could understand exactly why he'd develop into what I'd predicted. With understanding comes control. Then, he could go on to save many lives by researching his own psychology, combining the research with his own mentality, and writing books and reports and such about it.

^This based on the theory that younger people have the greatest potential.

I'd save my mom, the old man has lived his life, there are millions of babies some who'll become killers anyways, kid who would even consider harming my family can go fuck off and die, so I'd save my mom. She's not a doctor about to discover the cure to cancer, or aids or anything, society is meh, so eh, I'll save her.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.

reasons?

Elderly Person: Don't know him/her and neither I know what he/she might have done in this hypothetical question.
    Murderous Baby: How does a baby become a murder? The lack of conscious of a baby deprive me to see a baby as a murder.
    Kid who will kill my familly: The only one of the options that hold a judgment of actions.
    Useless and careless mother: Mother of who? mine is not like that, so this is not a question about my own family. And really, is not my problem.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 07-14-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I think you're thinking about it all wrong, Clock.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I don't know man, You need to give me a motivation, goals and reasons to made the scene.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The only option up there I think has confused some people is the mother one. Let's clear things up, the mother option is meant to be a 'what if' scenario, as in "let's say this is your mother, and she's heartless, would you save her?" It has no real world personal connection.

edit: Actually, all of these are just about the 'what-if'.

The baby can become a murderer because people usually get older with time. It's just what we do.

The elderly person is just some random old dude who has lived a good life, and if you save him, will continue to live that good life until he dies in one year.

But option five is really the correct answer.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Because letting five people die is better than letting four die, ignoring the murderers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

from bad opinion to bad decisions?

I don't know, i though this were the kind of question that drunk friends tend to do for no absolute point and there is no real answer. Anyway, I just don't get it.