Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nekopan Digital WIP

I think that both WIP's show a lot of ambition and I like that a lot. The only thing I can offer here is that the girl in the first one has got a very long back. I will enjoy seeing those when you've pushed them to a finish, keep it up

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    It is a lovely piece but i cant help but feel that her head is quite large.
    With the way her head is facing the bulk of the back of her cranium should be facing away so there wouldnt be that much volume to her hair and since you can tell that it isint teased or anything that it should fall closer to her neck. So shaving down the hair line and showing a reverse "S" curve to elude that the neck is under there would work imo.
    Her mouth is to low i believe and i think it would be at an angle like ^ but not as extreme and softened.
    The head/hairband seems unrealistic to me.
    good work and id love to see the finished product.

@Toast,gedeon,cloudy,scarlethue,bakaneko : Thanks^^
    @Gaff : i think i agree with you, thanks! i already fix it with filter effect adjusting its depth and saturation
    @Rubisko : haha, i'm just trying 1 : (8-9) head scale figure, maybe it looks weird to you since i use anime style face?.
    @Psy : alright boss, already fix that too, actually the style is still anime style but with abit realism colouring. Thanks for commenting.^^

Here some new WIP for a gift to a friend, i just want to make a simple concept like a guy playing with his cat in a caffee. 60% complete
    SPOILER! :

and lastly, sry for late reply
    havent finish 1 thing... i wish i can work faster....

This is looking relly cute! I'm not very good with perspective, so I may not be correct (sorry if I'm not), but it looks lik the persoective of the face is lower than the perspectove of the hair. I think it's either because of the distance between the eyes and nose or the shape of the eyes.

Keep up the great work!

@JJJorgie : ... i dont understand what are u saying.. lol XD, so are u saying the face perspective have a problem?
    @Gaff : almost forgot to reply ur question, yes i use soft round brush,SAI, mostly pen, airbrush, and eraser, for blending tool i use watercolour and blur tool.

Warning with the shoulders (and arms) in the last one, as they take a lot of jerarqui from the head.

Sorry that I was confusing! Here's a reference to help!
    SPOILER! :

Look at the bottom center head. That's more or less what you want. I think the main problem is that, compared to the perspective at which the hair was drawn (which is very high), the eyes and eyebrows are draw as if you're looking at her at eye level. Maybe lowering the eyebrows and showing more of the eyelid would help. I hope this'll make more sense.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 07-18-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Wow, I love the way you've drawn those pictures, they are amazing with the man I think JJ is correct about the head. Your work is great and you should be proud, I look forward to seeing them completed and future pieces

Quote Originally Posted by nekopan View Post
    @Gaff : almost forgot to reply ur question, yes i use soft round brush,SAI, mostly pen, airbrush, and eraser, for blending tool i use watercolour and blur tool.
    Hmm, it's as much a stylistic thing as anything, but conventional wisdom is that it's easier to start with hard brushes until you've got your areas of colour marked out, then switch to softer brushes for blending. In theory, you should get better definition in your colours that way.

Looking at your latest piece though, you seem to be working towards quite a soft, watery look. Such being the case, I think it might be better just to loosen up your lineart instead. It's fine around the eyes and face, but I think having your lines so precise as that all over the picture is working against the softness of the colours. Don't be afraid to cover up your original lines as you colour the piece - you might find it looks more natural without them.

Example of what I'm talking about here, if it helps any.