Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello Fellow Manga Nuts :) Art Beginner Drawings

Cool to know you're practicing! Your drawings look quite nice, and indeed I think you can 'see' how a drawing is build up. I'd be interested in seeing your practices on the quarter view and any other views you might have been practicing lately, it would be nice if you posted that here as well :3

Your wish is my command sure ill post them on here

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0247.jpg This is the first piece or Original work i've done, also my first attempt at a dog ( my dog) and heres the finished piece IMG_0248.jpg it may not be perfect but i think i did good, callesthe as you requested heres what ive been practising the quarter view ( all the notes are from this website ive just rewritten the to suit me ) Quater view.jpg Had to put this in paint in order to put to upload this, for some reason the image kept failing to upload, ignore my bed sheets lol :P oh and the final picture in that, the nose part was just to remind me what went where, i obv wouldnt leave that line in

I love the dog!
    Just quickly for the quarter view, in the last step the head looks a little too short, like it has been squashed slightly. Other than that, these are amazing.
    ''When you do something wrong, it is not a mistake. It is a lesson.''

Well thank you and yeah i totally agree with the last step i did shorten before i put the pen through it no idea why but the notes are there n thats what helps i guess lol

Heyy your study, you're on the right track! It looks nice but there's still some points you can change, and I think it will improve faces you draw greatly.

I had to get back to forms (nowadays I sketch the head in one go, you'll be able to later when you've drawn lots of faces) so forgive me if there are some mistakes in there, or it looks sloppily. Im not really used to it now.

SPOILER! :

Someone who might explain better, I love proko, they are an amazing channel:

They use loomis method, and it's a great method for drawing human figures. If you are interested in Loomis method, I have a link for you to all his books. They can be downloaded as pdf online for free because they are old enough they fall in public domain (and lose their copyright) :

http://lafreebee.com/art-instruction...andrew-loomis/

Loomis also has great theory on perspective, maybe also interesting to look at that once you get there ^__^

I hope this helped!
    Last edited by Callesthe; 10-11-2013 at 02:20 PM.

oh wow thanks so much, i quite liked the video and your drawing do make sense, thanks for taking the time to send me this, when i get some spare time imma draw up ur notes and post them,

thanks again :P
    deffo gonna look the loomis stuff up

Just thought id show you guys what ive been up to, firstly i started to draw ears and noses ears n noses.jpg, I then decided to look at some of the stuff callesthe so i decided to write notes on the loomis method which for some reason i cant upload it but anyways after learning this method i decided to make my own original work, using it, i just made it up on the spot. For some reason i cant upload that as well >.< so ill try to upload it soon

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    Oh shnitzel, thats a nice nose! O.O so pretty and nice shading.

ya nice nose

Once again, your name does not suit you XD That's a very nice nose
    Ippou jitsu mugai
    Kenkon toku ittei
    Suimo hou nomitsu
    Douchaku soku kousei