Thread: Hello Fellow Manga Nuts :) Art Beginner Drawings

luffy 2.jpg at last my one piece drawing of luffy is up enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

just my female to put up so ill get that done asap need to tablet it up

- - - Updated - - -

oh and i redid all my other drawings so ill get them up as well peace out

cough

- - - Updated - - -

Yoyo. I can only see the one piece drawing, so I'll talk about that. My critique sounds kind of silly, but oh well.

To start off, the coloring is pretty cool and the shades are done well. I'll be honest, I've never colored anything myself, so it's probably better to consult someone else if you want some useful help ^^

In general, everything's really good. There's some small anatomical/proportional things, but I'm fairly sure that's the style all the one piece characters are drawn in, so not really a mistake. The face feels just a little compressed/too squished, but I'm not sure.

The only little thing I could find is that his hand looks somewhat awkward. Compared to the wrist, I'd say it's a bit too large, and the finger spacing is just slightly too wide. The curve from the wrist to the thumb is a bit too steep/abrupt (should probably be a bit of a more gradual arc). Anyway, almost everything is honestly really nice and you did a good job.

Keep in mind other people will probably have way more useful things to say ^^ Good job !
    Pushing the limits of how bad drawings can be! If you ever need help, don't ask me. It's probably a bad idea.

~~꿀 먹은 벙어리~~

ah you see his hand dosnt need to be perfect he is after all a rubber man

Quote Originally Posted by Art Beginner View Post
    ah you see his hand dosnt need to be perfect he is after all a rubber man
    ^That's a very poor way of thinking and it won't help you improve. You can see in the anime and manga that Luffy's anatomy is pretty consistent unless he needs to stretch. When he's just standing in a position like the one you've draw, he has correct anatomy. Think about it this way: why would he even have just his one hand contorted like that?? It serves no purpose and is of no use to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!