Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello Fellow Manga Nuts :) Art Beginner Drawings

T'is true, that name does not reflect his work.
    The powerful play goes on, and you... May contribute a verse.

haha i think u ment misdemeanor :P Thanks, I really dont think im good tbh, i can see that i have improved somehow over the last few years but im just getting into the swings of it. Thanks again comment made my day

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to all that wrote those kind replys, you all have made my day

I too am looking forward to seeing what else you do It looks awesome so far! And no she definitely meant misnomer (a wrong or inaccurate name or designation). Keep up the good work n-n

oh thanks corastaur, now i feel dumb lol, ah well learned a new term today i guess ha

From what I can deduce, i'm pretty sure most, if not all, are referenced. And although they are very well done, it's only really teaching you technical skills and how to "see" the reference. If you haven't I would consider broadening your horizons and start sketching without reference.

Chances are I could be very wrong, but in the lack of evidence suggesting otherwise... I thought I would mention

yes they all are referenced demonfyre, i did mention that in the first post, technical skill are now good enough, I am now broadening my horizons which is another reason why i joined this forum ( besides the well done tutorials). Like my name suggests im just a beginner but you are right on the money, thanks for your input, currently im studying the tutorials and will be displaying original work asap

many thanks
    dave

- - - Updated - - -

everyones gotta start off somewhere :P

Hmm, well if that is the case I would just get started drawing then! There is only so much reading you can do to avoid the job at hand but the way to improving your drawing is to draw not that I think your methodology is poor, I think you could end up warping slightly your current skill set and apply it to realistic portraits rather efficiently. Maybe that is worth trying out?

sorry " could end up warping slightly" im unsure what u mean by this?, im more into to manga these day then portraits tho im just going through the turtorials im currently on anatomy, drawing as we speak my friend

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw decided to look through u profile and i must say i love the drawing of your ORIGINAL CHARACTER - LIBRA

Well, I was meaning that you can use the skills you use already in portraiture with a little adaptation. And thank you that gallery is so horribly old O_o

it may be old but a nice picture is still a nice picture :P i get wat you mean, not quite there yet but i will be shortly. Learning the quarter view now