Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 vs Wacom Cintiq Companion Thoughts and opinion?

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 vs Wacom Cintiq Companion Thoughts and opinion?

So I've been looking into these 2 tablet recently and I've been pulling my hair wondering which one I should go with. D:

So far I believe Wacom Cintiq Companion is available and Surface Pro 2 will be available by the end of the month.

By the look of things, Wacom has the better hardware, but at the same time, there seems to be some lag in photoshop when painting really fast, and there are no video on Surface pro 2 with photoshop yet, but looking at the original surface pro, it seems to function pretty well.

On the upper hand, The Wacom has build in hot keys, and more pressure sensitivity levels, and 13' Display, with a proper stand, but Surface Pro 2 is more compact and acts more like a laptop with the cover keyboard, and easier to carry around.

I dunno, what do you guys think? D:

For a while it looked as if it might suit my commuting arrangements, so I was curious about the Companion myself. The Surface isn't something I'd considered, but it does seem to be substantially cheaper, although I'd definitely wait for some video demonstrations before committing to anything.

First review for the Wacom Cintiq Companion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGde8B5dRf4

I do agree, I just dont know, Wacom seems to be way too over price imo. Surface Pro already have a pretty good history with artist if you have seen the review from penny-arcade, but we shall wait and see if the surface pro 2 can be better.

I dont mind the smaller screen since I draw on my Lenovo TPT in the past and it works pretty decent. But Wacom has an ergo stand and more pressure.

For those that are interested here is a good comparison video of the 2 products by an artist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an9Rzgrzwtk

I thought I would weigh in here only because I have a bit of information. I know that Gabe, from Penny Arcade uses the Surface to draw a lot of his comics and he has nothing but great things to say about it. No pen lag, pressure sensitivity, ect. He is stoked for the Surface Pro 2 to come out so he can put It though the paces.

cintiq duh

May I remind Sylux that this is a discussion thread, not the Chatterbox. Please treat it accordingly.

cintiq cuz steve ballmer is an awful person and u should avoid giving him ur money if u can

I actually saw that review from Penny arcade as well, thats what making me learn towards the surface pro 2. And Sy, dawg, quite being a fan boy, we all know Wacom is overprice.

don't tell me what 2 do i'll fanboy all i want microsoft is awful their ceo is awful and im not giving my money to an awful company