Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The White Knave's drawings.

Really nice to see your process up with that last one. You seem to be taking this advice of anatomy to heart, and that's awesome. Just keep at it, and hold yourself to a high standard. Also traditional to digital transition is incredibly painful for some, but inexplicably easier for others. I've been at it with my pen tablet for a few months now and I'm still not satisfied.

On an unrelated note I like your avatar Unmei, I'm a sucker for samurai/rounin XD

My recent Photoshop drawing experiences can be put down to 1 word : abysmal.

With a mouse or a touch-pad, I can't digitally remake my drawings. As I have access to other image editors from Adobe such as Illustrator or Fireworks, which one is the more noob-friendly to use, if anyone knows? I try to stick to Photoshop because it's the most-well known and can be pretty straightforward, but damn I just can't do it this time -.-"

I need to retrace Report 4, I can't stand the lips. I'll do that tonight and see if I can add some suit detail as-well. Until I get help digitally remastering my work, I'll just stick to paper + scan. Expect Report 5 either tonight or early tomorrow (GMT +1 )

Oh @Demonfyre you mind sharing some eye art with me? Just so I can get the feel for realistic anime eyes Because they either look straight out of a young girls anime or just too realistic.
    The powerful play goes on, and you... May contribute a verse.

Just keep practising with the digital art Someone once told me to master drawing by hand first, but that's boring. Instead, try doing both. Draw a picture completely by hand, and then try drawing a similar one on the computer. Hopefully that will help.
    The manga/anime attack on titan has very realistic eyes, you should check it out. good story too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iaidoka View Post

On an unrelated note I like your avatar Unmei, I'm a sucker for samurai/rounin XD
    Haha, thanks! Painted it myself. Iaido-ka? You wouldn't happen to do iaido would you? I know I am going of on a tangent here, sorry.

Back on track, many manga artists don't even bother drawing the lips. You might want a more realistic style, but its something to try
    ''When you do something wrong, it is not a mistake. It is a lesson.''

I tried realistic lips, and it just didn't click with me. So I'm going for a triangular smile with the top row of teeth showing and eyes from some of Demonfyre's pieces. Well inspired eyes at least.

I've tried, honestly I have, but perhaps investing in a drawing tablet is the way to go. I just cannot do it with my mouse/touch-pad.

Drawing realistically takes a lot of practice. Don't give up on it yet! Set a daily goal of (let's say for example) 10 realistic lips and 10 pairs of eyes. You don't have to show the practices to anyone else if you're unconfident in them, but after a while of do them each day, you'll get better and better

Also, just some general advice that would really help people critique your art more effective: Post new work on a new post, not the first page. This way, we won't have to flip back and forth or open new tabs to see your work and critique it
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 10-02-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

It's not the fact that I can't do lips, I can do all sorts, but for some reason the ones I liked didn't mesh with the picture, they looked out of place, a bit too realistic, as the rest of her face (for the most part) is more anime.
    Eyes are my favorite part of the body to draw (next to breasts, without sounding like a perv)
    But yes, perhaps adding the reports to the OP and to the most recent post will help
    As it is half-past ten, time for my nightly session of League of Legends. I'll draw straight after

Edit : not happy with it, I'll work on it throughout the day. Eyes were not on the same level ant the mouth wasn't sharp enough.
    Last edited by xXtidusFRXx; 10-03-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Prepare your anu... eyes! Report 5 is coming!

Uploading...

Uploading...

Uploading... Tick tock zis takes sooooo long! Ze Doctor will be riiiight back, he must answer the Voices...

IT IS HERE! IT IS ALSO BIG!

SPOILER! :

Questions are all on it.

Link to all sizes : http://www.flickr.com/photos/xxtidus...n/photostream/
    Last edited by xXtidusFRXx; 10-03-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xXtidusFRXx View Post
    Prepare your anu... eyes! Report 5 is coming!
    SPOILER! :

Uploading...

Uploading...

Uploading... Tick tock zis takes sooooo long! Ze Doctor will be riiiight back, he must answer the Voices...

IT IS HERE! IT IS ALSO BIG!

SPOILER! :

Questions are all on it.

Link to all sizes : http://www.flickr.com/photos/xxtidus...n/photostream/
    Honestly, that's a really nice drawing. Coloring is pretty clean, and I see you used the anatomy advice from the others really well. My only issue, and it's not really even an issue, is that the clothing around her chest/shoulder/arms looks a bit rigid. But honestly, I think it's just because it's supposed to be anime cool looking non-functional clothing, which is totally fine. Sorry I don't have any really pertinent advice for you, but nice job in general ^_^

Here are a couple things I notice at a quick glance:
    Okay, remember that there should be one eye's length between the two eyes. Also, look at her hips; even the tightest or thinnest fabric WON'T be glued to the skin (the skirt should come off her butt at least a little). The breast are too far to the left and if they're pushed together that tightly, there should be stretch marks in the fabric covering them. The creases in the skirt don't make sense with the girl's body. Maybe is they were farther to the right, it'd look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Her ring finger looks a tad plump compared to the others and the thumb seems a touch big, also the part in the hair could be a little more jagged to make it seem more natural. Other than that and what's already been said, I think it's a fairly good piece.