Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The White Knave's drawings.

From scratch? D: But... but that's my best work head wise!

Edit : I think I'm on to something here... Wont be a full body, I'll try that after, but I'm getting somewhere now I heard the Head tip Is there a +rep button around here? You deserve one.
    Last edited by xXtidusFRXx; 09-30-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    The powerful play goes on, and you... May contribute a verse.

Progress report 2 up! Take a look! I is very excited, but it probably still is crap.

I find with your new progress shot that the head is rather out of place with the body. It's probably the differing styles, but maybe you could consider trying more semi-realistic heads to fit the body?

I like the eyes. Could I sort of make a more rounded and realistic chin but keep the eyes?

I only ever do the eyes well XD

Edit : Also, how can I... trace it without tracing paper? We seen to have run short on the stuff.

Edit 2 :To answer myself, Photoshop + thin white paper + laptop screen = epic tracing... technique (?)

Edit b4 sl33p : After 1 grid, 3 traces and 2 scans, we have progress report 3! With a grid I was able to redo the bottom of the body to include the legs and whatnot.
    Last edited by xXtidusFRXx; 09-30-2013 at 08:00 PM.

It is completely possible, what I like to do is create a more realistic head, but then make the eyes smaller and accentuate features you would see in a real human eyes (however keeping the anime border and iris), that way it is a bit more fitting, but shouldn't feel as out of place. But really I think it's going to be an experimentation thing until you settle on something that feels right. Also, look into anatomy, as that will be invaluable to you in the future.

Report 4 up! Even some shadows can be seen Hopefully I will be finished by Saturday. I'm thinking of drawing a manga upon which Riven stumbles upon the League female characters dressing room, and tries on a few outfits.

Looking at the most recent version, if you're putting colour to a characters lips like that, you might find it looks more natural not to draw a black outline around them. If you want one to be darker than the other, you're better off just filling in the shadowed area.

Thanks for the tip. As an idiot I tend to blacken the pencil lines and then realize i have to color them in. I'm trying with Photoshop to amend the mistake, but jeez digital drawing to me is like trying to solve algebra by chewing chewing-gum. But then again I managed to make Minecraft texture packs with reasonable difficulty.
    When it comes to things like photoshop, I have trouble keeping that... flow that you get with a pencil.
    Last edited by xXtidusFRXx; 10-01-2013 at 12:58 PM.

It takes just as long to learn to draw on a computer as with a pencil (apparently). You could of course make it easier by getting a graphics tablet, but they are expensive. here are some awesome exercises that can help you improve: http://mark.dustyghost.com/tutorials...ng-the-change/
    About halfway down is the relevant stuff. It says it is for graphics tablets, but I found it helped with just about anything as well.
    Keep drawing
    ''When you do something wrong, it is not a mistake. It is a lesson.''

I shall draw to the death Sensei.

That is a japanese themed avatar right? XD