Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The White Knave's drawings.

@Icy : It's supposed to be Ahri's default skin, and apart from showing her cleavage I doubt it has other uses XD

@JJJorgie : Stretch? Creases? O_o? I just did them quickly without thinking, it's not the final piece, and any help regarding these two things would e lovely indeed. I'll try to put the creases to the right a little. Also her body is at an angle, with the face supposedly straight, which is why they appear to be a bit left. However if (as usual) I've gone over the top, I shall try to rectify. As for the skirt, the reference I have has it like that, lemme grab it for you (The image, not the skirt)

@Iaidoka : I have noticed the hand problem and with my most recent trace tried to thin them down. I'll post it when I've actually finished detail and whatnot.

As for things like the eyes and lips, this was just a test run for many things, they look that bad because the papaer has been worn down so much.

Reference image :

Lol looking at it again I notice that the bottom part of the skirt is longer -.- I'll try and fix that aswell.
    Last edited by xXtidusFRXx; 10-04-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    The powerful play goes on, and you... May contribute a verse.

The reason your skirt's creases don't work, but the ref's do: The Ref's legs are facing straight to the viewer; your legs are at a 3/4 angle, so that bottom crease especially is totally out of place because it should be at the crotch (which it's too far left of). The picture you've drawn is veeeery different from your ref and also, since this ref isn't a real-life picture, you have to keep in mind that it may not be totally correct either. Notice, though, that in the ref, the torso is turned 3/4 just like your's and the breasts on the farthest side (the right) is sticking out half-way, while yours doesn't protrude at all.

Here's a great clothing video that explains creases really well:
    SPOILER! :
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

So the breasts should be bigger to the left side? And I tried moving the bottom one so the lowest point meets and carries on the crotch. It looks far better, thank you Just going to sketch some hands, as I'm not happy with the ones currently drawn. Too flat. And thank you for the video.

As for suit detail, just finishing the left side of the skirt and then onto the arms. Grabbed some .4 mm felts, so I'll have a darker black line >

Last point : Are the eyes all right? For the face in general. Got them level again as well.

Not bigger, just the cleavage should be moved more to the right in order to be inline with the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

As your signature says, you have spoken, and so i shall obey.

I haven't forgotten you, if anyone is wondering why I haven't posted in a while, it's just that I'm trying my best with my actual piece. I achieved a nice result when I finished it in my room, but then slept with the drawing next to me, woke up to then find it scrunched up -________________________-" I'd just put base colors on and was about to ask if someone could shade it. I worked on a few things, such as the skirt coming off more, a few cloth lines on the arm, some nice eye, a new hand. If anyone wants to see it, I'll upload it, but it truly looks awful with lines going all over the place ;_;

Edit : Also, I cannot be bothered with the arm detail. I tried, failed, tried again and it just pissed me off. I've only had to retrace it 6 times... So no detail apart from shading on the arm.
    Last edited by xXtidusFRXx; 10-07-2013 at 01:59 PM.

That's a real shame but don't be discouraged. You need to keep up the practice, it's the only surefire way to get better(Trust me, it takes a long time). Now you need to decide how to go about fixing this problem. Personally, three courses of action come to my mind when this happens, A)redraw the whole piece, B)make another piece and come back to this later, or C)study some anatomy for a day or two, and then redraw your piece with this knowledge in mind. Please keep in mind this is not going through every artists' mind, just my own thought process. Also when it comes to anatomy, there are a lot of ways going about. Some artists know every single muscle, bone, and everything in between by heart. While others(like myself) have a general idea of the major groups of bones and muscles and just know what look right. In the end it's up to you how to go about this, but I'd figured I give my little spiel. 'Have fun drawing!', is probably the most important advice I can give though! So, have fun and keep making art!

I'd also advise not sleeping on your art XD

I'll be redrawing the whole piece, I will not rest until it is finished (figuratively speaking oc) but I find that last suggestion one of the best I've ever heard. This does not mean your other suggestions don't mean anything to me, quite the contrary. But I'll certainly take heed of not sleeping with my folder next to me again XD

I'd like to add that the base colors were done with my new 0.4 mm felts, <3 That means that shading is damn hard with them, but for black parts it looks insane. I'm looking at some pencil shading techniques, so maybe I'll draw a base color image and a grey-scale one. Whaddya think? Also, Ahri OP as fu- on Twisted Treeline.
    Last edited by xXtidusFRXx; 10-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.

You really don't want to consult me on colors or shading, I'm severely lacking in both those areas and have tried vehemently to get better over these past few months. Try talking to some of the other artists around here, as they know what they are doing with colors and shade much better than I. But I think working with both color and gray scale keeps you a very balanced and versatile artist. I'd consider heavily on doing both, or if you only decide to do one, really buckle down and put a lot of time and effort into it. Keep it up though!

Also felt tip pens? As in brush pens? That's awesome if so, I find myself to be quite the fool with a brush pen in hand XD

Hard tips, though better for the outline, I find they deliver a nice clean color, if it wasn't for the occasional white line reminding you that once again, you failed to color it properly.