Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Icy's Beginner Artwork ^_^;;

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted here. I haven't been drawing a ton, and I can't scan most of the ones I have drawn because I left them when I was in Sweden.

In any case, I tried to start to look at more anatomical references and using things like the gesture figures Demonfyre mentioned earlier. Before I draw something I make a quick version of it as a gesture on a different sheet to see how the pose I'm imagining looks and to make sure it's logical and not anatomically impossible (as a lot of my drawings have been).
    I haven't scanned the gesture version of the following drawing, but if anyone thinks it will be helpful to see how I transfer from the gesture to actual drawing, I can upload it. Also, I'll try to include any references/tutorials/etc I used when drawing, as it might help to see if I'm applying it correctly.

I tried incorporating some fabric folds (in the bed), not sure if it got too excessive and messy, that tends to happen a lot

3/29/14 **somewhat nsfw**
    SPOILER! :

References
    SPOILER! :
    (for the arm-behind-head position)
    http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials...--vector-11608 (for bed folds)
    also used another random female drawing reference, can't remember the page though :/

Some things I notice myself:

-Head is too large, it seems impossible to get this right; it seems fine at first and later, after drawing everything else, it looks too large and it's frustrating to erase a ton to fix it

-Hips might be not wide enough (not sure about this one)

-Legs start too high up/torso not long enough compared to rest of body (also speculative, it looks different to me depending on what size I look at it from, in a thumbnail sized image it appears too short, but at regular size I can't notice it. Maybe someone can shed some light on this)

-I'm not sure if I managed to draw the breasts correctly given the position of her arm; since it is connected to armpit to some extent it seems logical that it would face a bit upward due to the stretching back of the arm. Would be helpful if someone could tell me if I accomplished that

-Yes, I did not draw the hands because I knew they would be terrible. My next drawing is probably going to be a large practice sheet of hands in different positions so I can stop hiding them like a noob.
    Pushing the limits of how bad drawings can be! If you ever need help, don't ask me. It's probably a bad idea.

~~꿀 먹은 벙어리~~

Hello. Been a while again. I've got a two-thirds view portrait in pencil, a bit more realistic-style than previous drawings.
    31/8/14
    SPOILER! :

Reference

I feel like the positioning of the headphones is kinda off, like it's too far back to be comfortably on the ear. Additionally, the (his left) shoulder looks kinda awkward, like he's reaching for something behind him? I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Icy; 08-31-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    Pushing the limits of how bad drawings can be! If you ever need help, don't ask me. It's probably a bad idea.

~~꿀 먹은 벙어리~~

Hello Icy,

I haven't read all the comments on the previous drawings, mostly because this is already a very long conversation but I can still give some remarks, I don't know if the other already mentioned. I have also started drawing more seriously this year so forgive me if my comments are a bit off.
    I think you've improved a lot since your first post, I really like the drawing of the girl above, her face looks cute...I have some comments and advices.
    1) If you see the collarbone on your reference, it kind of follow the motion of of the shoulder, the angle should always remain the same between the collarbone and the circle highlighting the shoulder like here http://www.mangatutorials.com/2007/h...-torso-basics/ . Each shoulder has it's on associated collarbone, the bend between then is due to the distance between the collar bones, I would suggest to use just straight lines to represent them here, especially for the right arm because when the shoulder moves up, the muscle stretch and hide these bends.
    2) Before drawing everything would should spend some time deciding about the body proportions. We often encounter this suggestion in online tutorial you will always deal with body proportion. Take a ruler and measure everything, ex: Height= 6-8 head tall, shoulder=1.5 head width, hips:...(notice that the the hips for male is narrower than the shoulder and the hips for female is wider than the shoulder) the hands, exct, take a look at this and I am also sure you can find a whole bunch of online tutorial on body proportion http://animeworld.com/howtodraw/bodies1.html or this http://books.google.de/books?id=zPSi...0poses&f=false . These few pages has helped me a lot.

3) Also browse some tutorial on breast because here they look too round and too big for this little lady (personal opinion though). Although I guess if she is leaning back, the breast can be rounder or observe more real anatomy.

Hope this helps
    Cheers