Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Icy's Beginner Artwork ^_^;;

This is really starting to take shape! But I shall forever be a constant voice in your head claiming the arms need to be a bit thicker. But it's great to see you get into some curvature and I would argue the waist needs to be thinner, so your hips pop out more. Keep up drawing! You guys actually keep me inspired to draw every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Iaidoka View Post
    This is really starting to take shape! But I shall forever be a constant voice in your head claiming the arms need to be a bit thicker. But it's great to see you get into some curvature and I would argue the waist needs to be thinner, so your hips pop out more. Keep up drawing! You guys actually keep me inspired to draw every day!
    Arms are driving me insane. They look fine IRL on my piece of paper, but once it's scanned and I look at it on the computer they look way too small, then I try to change it, then it's too large, and it's just DSDHAKJSHKJLDADHAJKDHJK

Thanks for the encouragement and advice! ^_^
    Pushing the limits of how bad drawings can be! If you ever need help, don't ask me. It's probably a bad idea.

~~꿀 먹은 벙어리~~

That is because when you are drawing it on paper, chances are you are looking at it for too long, trying finishing the piece, walk away for 15mins - 30 mins come back to it, and take a closer look, chances are you will find the mistakes better with a set of fresh eyes. not to mention your neck is still thick.

Here is a fun exercise, draw all of these!
    SPOILER! :

Observe the proportions and patterns of the human body as you do C:

Quote Originally Posted by doghateburger View Post
    That is because when you are drawing it on paper, chances are you are looking at it for too long, trying finishing the piece, walk away for 15mins - 30 mins come back to it, and take a closer look, chances are you will find the mistakes better with a set of fresh eyes. not to mention your neck is still thick.

Here is a fun exercise, draw all of these!
    SPOILER! :

Observe the proportions and patterns of the human body as you do C:
    Sounds reasonable, I'll try that next time ^^ As for the exercise, I'll do the one you uploaded and demonfyre's exercise tomorrow. Thanks ^_^
    Pushing the limits of how bad drawings can be! If you ever need help, don't ask me. It's probably a bad idea.

~~꿀 먹은 벙어리~~

A new drawing and some random sketches that I didn't intend to upload, but I'm going to anyways ^^
    I haven't done the male torso drawings yet. I will do that later today most likely...

10/9/13 - Guy Drawing and Random Anatomy Sketches
    SPOILER! :

Sorry about the angles on these, as I said I didn't intend to make them for viewing when I drew them ...

up and down T_T

Ignore the random doodles on the bottom...

EDIT: By the way, just a random comment. As I look through a lot of these art threads, I'm really quite shocked how much effort and time people put in to studying proportions and anatomy and just art in general. I only ever seem to spend less than an hour or so a day on these things, so I guess my low progress is due to that ^^
    Last edited by Icy; 10-09-2013 at 10:40 PM.

~~꿀 먹은 벙어리~~

Alright, so I made a thing for you... which I'm hoping will be helpful. I feel that something that you are not utilizing to its full potential is the fact that the body and face are made up of very basic shapes. Guidelines are important too, but its the shapes that really underlie everything. I didn't really go into much detail on things, so if anything is confusing or you want more info on something let me know. Also if anyone else thinks I did something wrong or wants to add to it, please feel free. My goal was that this would somehow help you on your artistic journey Keep up the practicing!!! 'Cause unfortunately there is no short cut for hard work.

SPOILER! :

This was very much stream of thought.... also i feel like i've been posting a lot today =-=' Something I forgot to add! if you get the placement of the features down with basic shapes, it's easier to make sure it all works together before you spend too much time on it. It's always easier to go in AFTER you've laid down the foundation and add in the details. AND you can break down a reference into basic shapes. This will help you understand how their face is formed and which features are the ones that really set their face apart, the things that make them look like themselves!
    Last edited by corastaur; 10-09-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Hmm, basic shapes are really good and I'm too stupid to have recommended them earlier! XD Anyways, basic shapes are incredibly important. This really started me along with drawing better, And this technique is used a lot for drawing. The idea is you build from the ground up, instead of jumping right into details. Begin with rough shapes, light guidelines, then refine. I really apologize but this revelation of basic shapes to represent anatomy totally slipped my mind. But it was a huge milestone for me, so I hope it helps you.

On a side note. I tend to study anatomy less than most artists, but more than you. Certainly it does help, but I'm a guy who just wants to draw. Keep on keeping on!
    Ippou jitsu mugai
    Kenkon toku ittei
    Suimo hou nomitsu
    Douchaku soku kousei

Keep doing ones like the middle two! They may be just quick practices, but those are what really help you to improve.
    Even if you are just drawing a stick man, if you work on making it a proportional stick man it will help in some way. That is what I do during lessons - draw very quick sketches of people, using guidelines to get them in proportion.
    Sorry I don't have many helpful things to say, but everyone else got there first
    ''When you do something wrong, it is not a mistake. It is a lesson.''

Hey guys, it's been a few days. I apologize for not putting up anything, I was a bit overwhelmed or perhaps just tired of drawing ^^
    I got a wacom drawing tablet, so I decided to practice using it. I made a fan art sketch of L in paint tool sai, just to get used to drawing with it.
    I will try to resume my anatomy studies/drawings soon...

It's honestly a really bad drawing, and super unclean. No real detail either ;_; But fortunately it's basically the first time I'm using a graphics tablet. I'll get better ^^

10/14/13 - L Drawing
    SPOILER! :

By the way, I'm surprised at the lack of other beginners in the critique section. It seems to be just me who's a total noob. Everyone else is drawing a damn mona lisa in each post, lol ^^
    Last edited by Icy; 10-14-2013 at 09:00 PM.

~~꿀 먹은 벙어리~~

Okay, so since you just got a tablet, get in the habit of long smooth lines while it's early!!!! This will REALLY help you improve!!

The arm is too short and too thin. the nose is too long and the mouth is too low. It's really not too bad for a first tablet drawing. Keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!