Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Empire of Gunzeticus

Say, is AEL going to be a series or something?
    and how much will you be charging for commissions?

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    These. are. amazing. I don't even. How?? -speechless-

Moar plz.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Random thumbnails...funny, thumbs are actually harder than drawing a whole character for me.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    @Scarlet: Thankyou, and yea I was also fretting over the face and overall figure. If you've known me for just a little while, you'd know I rarely, if ever, draw female characters of any sort. So I'm still technically a noob at that stuff haha.

@Erika: xD Thnx Erk, hopefully I'll get some nods >_>'

@Ramiel: Actually in the Ael pic, there was another overlay layer in the psd to make things darker, but I decided to take it out cause it overpowered the texture on the thighs, plus I didn't want it too too dark…had to play things carefully with this piece. The person who commissioned me was…very…picky…

@Cloudy: Thanks Cloudy

@Ged: I can sorta do backgrounds, I'm still practicing lool. Cype is still the king of BG's around here I'd say.
    Also yea I never got the face exactly perfect on Ael, it was really a challenge, guess I came close. And thanks bro.

@Baron: Nah, she's a character from an RP. I basically just redesigned her. The other character is Reese.
    Also I dunno when it comes to prices. Usually depends. Normally I start at around $15 to $25 depending on the complexity of whatever it is I'm drawing and the deadline.

@Tay: xD see that's really weird now, I hate doing silhouettes but they turn out pretty good apparently…I may try some more soon heh, thanks Tay.

So, with all of that said, I once again don't have my laptop, but I should have it back in about a week hopefully.
    Instead I've been sitting in the tech lab at college and scribbling up some more speedpaint practices.
    Since I'm using a Mac I'm not admin of, I can't access tablet settings, so I can't turn on pressure sensitivity lol, anyways, here's a fresh four.

Been playing around with different settings and atmospheres, but mostly shapes and lighting, and textures.

*click for fullsize*

Morning On The Rocks - Wanted to make a rocky desert look but have a bit of greenery/jungle in the pit of it all.
    Bombing Run - This one was just an experiment with like, making a scene actually. So I sketched out a jet of some sort trying to make it seem like it just flew past and a bomb of some sort hit the water making a splash. Then there's the dude on the bottom waving a gun...dunno if I made him an enemy or friendly lol.
    Watch The Enemy - Got tired of doing mountains and water over and over, so I tried to do this one in the woods. Basic idea was to have some cool lighting against the trees, hide these soldiers in the shadows and make it seem like an army of guys and robots are searching the woods unsuspecting of the two man army in the trees lol.
    The Generic Future - This one was just as the name says...
    Last edited by GunZet; 07-15-2011 at 01:39 PM.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Hey, very interesting. Those totally like scenes out of a movie or video game. XD

It'd be nice to see some more detail on some of these though. Or perhaps some different angles or lighting.

Lookin' forward to seeing more.

Thanks Tay, it's sorta what I was going for heh. And you're right, some different angles would work. But I keep finding myself sticking to one or the other, bleh...well I'll try.

Here's the same sheet with 2 more I did recently. Nothing much I can show due to not having my laptop atm.

'This Bear Is METAL'

Pencil and printer paper
    Inked with my fresh Microns 0.5 and 0.8
    Colored with my moms Prismacolor B-tip markers.
    Edited in PS

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Woah, I love that mouth/stomach. XD I think it has to do with the really awesome texture of the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Thanks Tay, it's sorta what I was going for heh. And you're right, some different angles would work. But I keep finding myself sticking to one or the other, bleh...well I'll try.

Here's the same sheet with 2 more I did recently. Nothing much I can show due to not having my laptop atm.

i never tried doing this type of drawing before but i do know that it'll be hard for me or long before i can do some thing like that!

damn!

Been a while since Ive posted anything. Actually I don't have anything to post because I haven't drawn as often lately. But I did this concept art for some secret side-project for the art director/modeler on the team (working on a game called GoreToon). I don't think he ever used this, so I'm posting it here.

Both of these were done a while ago lol, like maybe a month or two.

Hand drawn of course, I still don't have my laptop lol.

These variations are also for GT. The final design came down to a mix of 2, 3 and 5.
    *click for larger size*

Those looks really awesome.... O.o