Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Empire of Gunzeticus

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    The angle of the... um, ribbon or magazine? (where the bullets are kept) seems off to me like it needs to be tilted towards the viewer a bit more. It looks like it's going off in a different direction from the rest of the gun.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That's odd, it should be alright. There's a little opening underneith that might've thrown your eye off, but it should be straight. Not to mention there's some overlapping parts and I didn't shade anything...my bad.

So um...I drew a COG yesterday. But I forgot to up the image size so it's amazingly small. I was trying to go for the way the concept art looks but I might've failed.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    His pose looks kinda floaty. I think a guy like that would benefit from a more solid stance.

Yea but bleh I don't feel like redrawing him lol...looks like he'll have fun in 0 grav forever.

Started this this morning. Took about 4-5 hours.

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    I love all of your character designs. Especially all the high tech looking gear they have on!
    Got a real different feel to your style compared to alot of styles iv seen.

Very impressive! What program did you use to color?

XD first thing i thought when i saw the newest pieces was ''Brink''! XD
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Scarlet: THANKYOU, that makes a lot of difference right there. For a while I've been thinking I was doing the same thing as everyone else, but to hear that is just great. Thanks again.

@Portogas: I drew and colored it in Sketchbook Pro first, then I added some gradients and did some color changes in Photoshop. Thnx.

@Gedeon: Lmao, I got that on the Newgrounds portal too xD...wasn't my intention but hey, the Brink concepts and characters are awesome, so I'll take it!

So I started this this morning...once again I did about 5-6 hours straight without taking a break.
    I wanted to make this guy look really bulky and just straight up intimidating, but at the same time have something about him that says he's 'authority'.
    For the last design I wanted a German soldier/cowboy look...meh. My mom likes that one lol.
    For 6 and 7 I wanted to keep that bulky look, but chill it down a bit. I wanted him to have a smile but some gruff features. So it's like...you could be his best friend, just don't screw with him and it'll be alright.

*CLICK FOR FULLSIZE*

Lemme know which one you guys like...or none >_>'

Nice pieces. I was wondering if you were still using sketchbook pro or not. I think my favorites are probably number 5 and 7.

What I've noticed however is that the differences between some aren't easily discernible. If you were getting these prepped for a client you'd probably want very distinct differences between concepts so that they can remember them. Right now I pretty much only remember four concepts - the cowboy concept, strategic genius (glasses) concept, evil overlord concept, and the initial "Ima-kick-your-ass" soldier concept.

Not sure where you get your ideas Gunz but keep them coming.

Every time I see an ad for that game Brink It reminds me of your work man, this cool kinda punk post apocalyptic military world. I dig it, without a doubt.