Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Empire of Gunzeticus

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Well, I haven't finished Marv yet. And I haven't started morning sketches yet.
    But what I did start just a few hours ago was this skateboard model.

Modeled in Max. Work in Progress

This was fun because I took out a bunch of my spare board parts and used them as reference. One of the hardest things to do was getting the holes in the board and matching them with holes in the trucks. I managed to do this with some deleted faces and spherify modifiers.

Anyway, I still need to check if the holes are in the right place, and finish the trucks.

And to make the bolts on the truck was weird, but I learned something. A usual axle bolt on a skateboard is a hexagon with a circular inside. So I made use of my recent experience with the boolean operations, and whatdya know...it worked out fine.

EDIT: Finished the modeling part.

Last edited by GunZet; 04-17-2011 at 02:19 AM.

It looks like a real board in a white room....O..O Oh btw(sorry for asking this, its completely a different subject) But could you tell me is there a way to export files from the manga studio(demo) as lets say anything else then a jpg. format? Or at least some how to save the layers? Again sorry for the awkward question on your own art thread.....but it seemed like you know a lot about those programs and all sorry ^-^'
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

xD thanks Ged. I put a lot of work into the little details to get this right. Most of the things you won't even see until I put up an exploded pic of the model.
    Also, I don't think you can export from the Mangastudio demo. That's one feature they take away.
    You'll have to find a different method, or {use the internet to your advantage}.

I really don't want to know the amount of tris that went into that model :P

It all looks so smooth

Actually the tri and poly count was around a million. But that was because I had all the pieces used to create it hidden in the scene.
    The complete hi-poly model itself is around 200-300k polys/tris, that's only using non-collapsed turbosmooth mods.
    The low-poly is about 30k polys and 80k tris.

Here's a exploded pic with all the pieces.

Nice work on the board, you gonna design something for the deck?

FRACK YOU DESTROYED SOMEONES BOAR-wait ....ohh that's a 3D model nice XD i keed. I knew it was 3D modeling from the start....kinda.....No for real it looks like you took someones board,went into a white room and dismantled it to pieces!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

soo cool!!

Shit, brah. Every time I see this thread you get better. Epic board, man.

@Kyyanz: Thankyou
    @Renzo: Haha, I try to keep progressing man. I'd say since 2011 first began I've actually made some leaps and bounds in terms of technical skill and stuff. Thanks bro.

This is from a recent journal on my DA page: http://gunzet.deviantart.com/
    So I've been thinking for about a month or so that I should open for commissions. Reason? Well I got this deal to go on a trip to Canada for this summer's SIGGRAPH. But I don't have a passport, or a job. Thus no money to get one.
    But first I need to see if a good amount of people are interested. So leave a comment and let me know.
    -I do basically anything; ok probably not. I don't do really cutesy stuff and women are my major downfall at the moment.
    And although I don't show many fully colored pics: I AM fully capable of it. But check my gallery and this link here.
    [link]

Until then...back to essays.