Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Empire of Gunzeticus

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Ah, I see. Usually vine works pretty alright with graphite, but charcoal pencils are dangerous because their darkness tends to throw off your value scale if you're not careful. But I didn't even notice that in your portrait. You did a really good job of avoiding that.

I'm amazed at how well you got charcoal and graphite to play together. It's pretty light for both of those, too. I can tell you're not afraid of the mixed media combo. It's awesome how you managed to show such strong emotion. I really need to work on that myself. Honestly, the first thing I thought was, "Hey, Gunzet did his take on the troll face."

Now for the next one, I know it's just a concept, but concept art is my favorite kind of art. Yours tend to end up amazing. I really love how you used the green to show contrast the jacket so you could actually see what was going on. Your style is great for this too. It all works together. The extra hand is a bonus. It makes him look even more like a zombie.

Gunz. You may have bad opinions, but you have great art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Lool thanks Jai. Glad to know after so long not having any ambition that I still got a little umph left in my work.

Well, guys. Here I am trying to get back into the flow. After reading some inspiring words from one of my favorite artists, and biggest influences at the moment, I've found a little bit of that energy that had kept me moving in the past.
    So in that sense, I am going to try and do more of these.

Good but (please don't be offended m'lord) i expected something more complex and imaginative from you. Still good.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Despair

**Picture is missing a lot of the texture detail, due to not being able to take a good enough pic, ah well.

Finished this yesterday as my first DrawingII assignment.
    the idea was to take this old picture of me as a kid, and make it grim, dirty, in pain, sorrow in the eyes, black tears, wrinkles. I wanted to project my current self onto myself as a youth.
    From the critiques I got in class, I'd say that worked out pretty well.

Man. Those shadows are looking really good. The placement of them makes it look more sinister. I really like the wrinkles that you put in there and where you put them. It makes him look really old.

You do some killer work, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

That's pretty hardcore @.@ Same as Jai, I really like what you did with the shadows. The depth they give the piece is what really cements that dark, grungy feel.
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Did everyone make a grimdark version of themselves, or was that your idea?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

@Jai: Thankyou, I appreciate that, man. A good chunk of how it turned out was an accident from the initial stages xD.

@Kasey: Thanks, I tried my best not to go overboard with the grunge, but I knew I wanted a lot of it. If it hadn't of been for my teacher's advice to use water to mix the charcoal, the shadows would look completely different.

@Bacon: We were given the freedom to take this project in any direction we chose. So this was all my idea.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    What was the original project, if you don't mind my asking?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.