Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Empire of Gunzeticus

Those models are so rad! awesome detail man.

So are you gonna polypaint dat bitch or what

hmm well first of all, I noticed that the soldier you drew with the star tattoo (hey, that rhymed^^) has the tattoo as an inconsistancy. the tattoo is close enough to the front that the three quarter view you made would show it peeking out at least.

As for the alien, the 3D models are great, however I am unclear how the skirt.. or pants.. or loincloth is acutally staying on...
    SPOILER! :
    Photobucket

The stressed par of the loincloth looks too small to actually make a grip on the alien and the curved area indecated shows that there is no band arround him that is holding it up. The loose part starts too high so all in all. it seems to me like the minute your alien guy takes a step, he's going to end up pantsing himself...

I am sorry if this is wrong of me to say, but it's actually peaking my curriocity, so could you please tell me how he is keeping it up?

PS: this is not a critique... strictly I am confused... and currious

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    @Cloudy: Thnks :] You know I'm a sucker for detail, lol.
    @Sy: Maybe, maybe not...I never did like polypainting.
    @MaxW: The soldiers were strictly doodles, taking about 2mins each, so I dunno, I was just messing around, added in the tattoo cause I was bored.
    As for the model, I have no idea how the cloth is staying on. I too have wondered that, but hell, who knows, I sure don't haha, it's simply there for designs sake...and just because it was in my original doodle. Although if I ever get around to it, I may just add in some extra pieces so it looks like it's supported by something. But for right now, curiosity will have to work. Thanks for noticing, lol.

You could make textures for the models right? I dunno what poly painting is lol..

Polypaint is a feature in Zbrush that allows you to color and texture your models directly on the surface. I rarely use it though, I lose interest, and it's not the most friendly interface, lol.

haha like I said, it wasn't any critique.. however it would be awesome to see him in the next Star Wars saga

Polypaint is fantastic... if you have an exemplary system. Using Photoshop and a 3D modeling program such as Blender or 3ds Max is recommended, since I mean whose system can't handle just a big picture

This is what I'm doing for my final assignment in my art class.
    Decided to just take a cam pic instead of scanning it, cause the paper is pretty big, and I didn't feel like fitting it on my scanner... anyways.

I'm gonna re-position skinny dude's head so his body seems more upright, do something else with his left arm (maybe have it dangling down,) and work on the right foot of the big guy. This is traditional, so it's gonna be a task.

Anyways, I wanted to make this like a second tribute to Clemente Suave, as his style has heavily influenced my own ever since I discovered his work.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ementSauve.jpg
    This dude wrestled line and form like and made them all his bitch.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    How are you going to be able reposition them at all!?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.