Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Empire of Gunzeticus

Banned
    Yea I agree with everyone, nice concepts. Hope to see your organic character soon.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Thankyu, thankyu, I think that has to be my best work of 2011 so far. I've been hard at work with practice lol.
    As for the line issue. I personally like scratchy lines, I mean, the type that are a slight bit unclean, but not too all over the place to where it's horrible...it's just grown on me over the years, I don't really like turbo clean lineart...at least in my art.
    But thanks man.

HERE, is a new one...oh god it was horrible. I took an old sketch I was initially NEVER going to finish, and decided to work on it. It took hours, and hours, and hours, due to the mutated anatomy, so I had to figure out what values went where, and tried my hardest.
    Wall of text aside. Here is the result.
    I know I messed up a few spots. Crits on the value placement though?

You can't see the text, I did that on purpose. It says "The dark isn't so bad...once you get to know it". Hinting that a fking huge demon grew out the dudes head lol.

Even more.
    This one is a lame practice attempt at making a Soviet...I didn't do a good figure, so I erased most of the body, resulting in a steaming pile of gray crap.

This is a commision for my aunt. She's throwing a party and wanted my art on the fliers, so here's what I did.

Here's the flier itself that I just received today.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    The organic character turned out pretty nice, actually. You're good with maintaining strong levels of contrast, which is a step above most people who get into value sketching. Don't be afraid of blacks, which isn't hard for you considering you are one. Ohohohohoh, casual racism. But anyway:

Now that your shading is pro, all you need to work on is establishing VALUE with your value sketches. What I mean by that is: even in black and white, you should be able to get a loose idea of what "color" everything is. Whereas everything in that piece looks like it would be the same or a similar color. If that IS the case, then work on establishing more variety in terms of texture. Make your metals shine, your skin look supple and your clothes look....fabric-y. That way, the separate elements of the picture don't run together.

Other than that: great work, Gunz. Looking forward to more.

Ah thanks, you got a point, I never really think about color, since I don't do it much.
    But that's definitely something I'll look into on future drawings. I'll also work on making my textures differ. Thanks.

Here's some more practice.
    The first cone I did before I went to sleep, the last two I did just as I woke up.

you are taking some huuge steps gunzet! i really like, no, ENVY your works.

xD thank you a lot, forcing myself to progress and try what I'm not used to has turned out to be a good move so far. Naw need for the envy though lol, we're all at our own levels. Just keep it moving and you'll be awesome.

Here's another I started a few hours ago.
    This is near 2 or 3 hours of sitting at my desk, and it's still nowhere NEAR done at all. So this is a progress thing.

You guyz may remember I made two of these characters, Divinity and Child's Play, and so I decided to go back to one of them and choose which to finish up...chose the evilest and easiet one...I mean, Divinity had a simpler face, but a fking gattling gun, while Child's Play has a kitten and a really hard face....anyway, here's the work so far.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Nice. The values are well-assigned so far. I can clearly tell the top of his helmet is darker colored than the middle part.

Thnx Cype.
    As it turns out, this one is harder than I thought. I didn't balance the shapes and stuff right so I was constantly going around changes things. Although I rarely erased.

Still not done, just more progress on it...

very rad so far, I don't have any problems with it at the moment. I've probably told you this millions of time, but you have an epic eye for value.

more plz!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Mmmmm. Cheese. Still waiting on the return of TP3.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.