Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: Great Empire of Gunzeticus

Yeah, the heavy AR. A LAM launcher. To launch LAMs.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Got this done last week.

Still life- first project for my painting class.

Assignment was about using two complimentary colors, mixing them together, and getting a neutralized 'color'.

Colors used: Orange + Blue (I got two different colors, due to borrowing a tube of blue from a friend early on, then switching to my own tube)
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

That's a real nice canvas painting sorry that I can't do much else than condone my support, did you get to use a painting pallet? :P

so.... you cheated? The jaw looks weird on the right and im really likin the folds beneath the skull.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    @Demon: Haha, thanks Demon. No, I didn't get to use a pallet, sadly and thankfully. Those things make your arm hurt after a while, and they're most useful for oil paints as oils don't dry out like acrylics do.

@Gedeon: Cheated? Not at all, you must have misread what I said. What I was saying is that my two complimentary colors were orange and blue, which is what I used througout the piece; orange and blue, using black and white for value (duh).
    Paint is really nit-picky, and depending on the amount of a color you mix, or the brand, or the name of the shade of that particular color, you can get completely different colors.

That being said, I didn't have my own blue for a day, so I borrowed a friends tube in class, mixing it with my own orange. I got a cold blue-gray color.

Then I got my own tube of blue, still primary blue, like my friends was, but a different brand, therefore having different qualities. When I mixed it with my orange, I got a dull-green neutral color.
    So no. I used orange and blue for the whole piece, just different brands.

Also thanks. The folds were hard to get seeing as though someone moved the freakin' set piece, ruining the lighting and perspective for the whole class. Most of those are made up wrinkles and folds from knowing how they should probably look.

I agree on the jaw. I also think the eye sockets are far too big, haha.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

So your palette was turqoise, black, and white?

I think the assignment would've been more fun if it allowed you to use the non-mixed colors, as well. Achieving value by mixing [with] black and white is super boring and makes things look so dull. @_@

With that said-- I like it. =)