Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Great Empire of Gunzeticus

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Thanks gaiiiz :33

I just finished this practice scenery.
    Trying to work with more 100% opacity. I feel I have more control that way.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...et-d5oxu17.jpg
    I love this one! Love the vibrant colours you chose for the ground, love the rocks, and love the robot! And your environment concepts are amazing. How do you come up with them? Do you use references or does it all come from your head? Background design is something I struggle with.

Kickass bats fan art man. looks promising.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

GunZet: Future Employee of Jaittaceti Studio: Assistant-Chief Game Concept Artist

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    That is the batman movie I would have watched. His bat symbol reminds me of , if I remember right, the Phoenix from the X-Men though.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    xD Thanks gaiz.

I was sick most of the beginning of the new year, so that kinda threw me off. Here're some guns to make up for it.

<My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

So they are look aggressive, and I guess that's good. But they are all designed in a way that gives them very little functionality, I don't imagine they'd be good for much more than throwing them at whoever oppose you. If I were you I'd try to google up some info and pictures on the kalashnikov, because that is probably the best gun ever made, and it's still pretty much the blueprint that all modern guns are built after. If a gun design doesn't look like it functions like the kalashnikov then it's most likely a bad design. As long as we're talking semi-automatic or automatic firearms at least

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    So they are look aggressive, and I guess that's good. But they are all designed in a way that gives them very little functionality, I don't imagine they'd be good for much more than throwing them at whoever oppose you. If I were you I'd try to google up some info and pictures on the kalashnikov, because that is probably the best gun ever made, and it's still pretty much the blueprint that all modern guns are built after. If a gun design doesn't look like it functions like the kalashnikov then it's most likely a bad design. As long as we're talking semi-automatic or automatic firearms at least
    Thanks for the input, and yea haha. I figured this would pop up, which is why I should've posted the description I put with it on DA. But I didn't :I woops
    When I'm designing for anything other than myself, I usually use reference, but these were just little exercises for myself really. More in a sci-fi sense than anything.

"Had a craving for guns, so I decided to whip up a few designs. Took maybe 3 hours total.

I was just having fun with the designs, but I did try and keep a bit of functionality in there, nothing serious or definite."

In essence, I just drew what looked cool to me, hahaha.
    Last edited by GunZet; 01-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I think the smg and the pistol - especially the pistol - could benefit from the addition of a trigger guard of some sort, both for aesthetic and practical reasons.
    The heavy assault might look a tad better with one too, but it's not as off balanced/awkward as the other two.

Otherwise - besides the functional things that Rubisko stated - they look fantastic

That AR oughta have a LAM launcher. That would really please ol' JC.

@Topper- Yea that's true about the trigger guards. I used to add them on all my previous gun designs like yeaaars ago, then sorta gradually dropped them for some reason, lol. As for the heavy, I kinda hate that one, it's actually the first design I did. The other three are all variations derived from the heavy, lol.
    I'm working on bringing a bit more functionality to my next set so I can sorta solidify that 'yes, I can do functional designs'. I just kinda... prefer (love) that magical future world where stuff works just cause it can xD (I actually do know quite a bit about guns... so I don't really know why I don't apply it. ARTISTIC MERIT) And thanks mang.

@Sy- A WUT! And there's two ARs, man. I'm gonna assume you mean the heavy, whichever one you're talking about?
    <My comic