Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: On the Bus

When it comes to defending yourself against a serious attacker, I think wasp spray would be perfectly legal.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamajam View Post
    Carry a flathead screwdriver in your purse. They're legal for anyone to carry and it hurts like fuck when you're jabbed with one. Plus not very many people are gonna fuck with someone who's attacking them with a screwdriver. Like other people said, don't try to be fair. If you have to castrate a motherfucker to get your point across, do it.

Seriously, though, if you're not comfortable with a situation and there are people around, make the biggest scene you can. Scream, yell, hit, cuss, just go fucking nuts. If someone's just being a little creepy and not taking the hint, don't worry about hurting their feelings. In fact, wound them so badly emotionally that they're crying on the floor in a fetal position by the time you're halfway through.
    The screwdriver thing is a good idea. I also made it clear to this guy that I'm not going put up with his crap. When everyone was unloading the bus, he touched my butt. I held up the line and turned around in his face and yelled at him, "You will never, ever touch me again, you understand that?" He stumbled backward a bit and some other dude started swearing at him in defense of me, which seemed to take the creepy guy's attention away (s he considered beating the crap out of the nice guy)a from me long enough for me to walk the heck away to a tourist spot. I mean, it didn't scare me much at all, because I'm always in well-populated areas, but it did infuriate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's pretty bad. If you can't get your hands on a taser, try basic self-defense. The way I was taught, martial arts are just a fancy way of making an opening to run away. If that's not an option (and it will be an option 99% of the time), your primary objective is to make your attacker unable to attack you. And never fight fair. Fighting fair is for ego fights and sports.
    Like Clock said, strength training may be beneficial, but my build isn't the most ideal for that kind of stuff. I've big boobs (ow running ow) and delicate hands with palms three inches wide (LOL punching). But obviously never fight fair. Heck, I don't even hold back when talking to people; I'm not afraid to be agressive in getting my point across.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 06-28-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    Like Clock said, strength training may be beneficial, but my build isn't the most ideal for that kind of stuff. I've big boobs (ow running ow) and delicate hands with palms three inches wide (LOL punching). But obviously never fight fair. Heck, I don't even hold back when talking to people; I'm not afraid to be agressive in getting my point across.
    I have hands three inches wide and five and a half inches tall at the age of 15, and I managed to achieve a black belt at the age of 9 (with 5-6 years of training, though), so i don't think that that will be a huge problem Plus there are many types of self defense that's strictly self DEFENSE (by which I mean, mainly how to escape from an attacker), so you don't have to have a giant physical showdown with them (Just a couple key hits and you're free).

The weels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round~

Anyways, being serieus and telling him to back off is a good thing to do, if he stills bothers you, you can try asking a cop that a guy is sexuel harrassing you :l Get the mofo arrested whooo. But yeah carry some tool with you at all times like peper-spray, a lot of shit can happen in the world.

When everyone was unloading the bus, he touched my butt. I held up the line and turned around in his face and yelled at him, "You will [i]never[i], ever touch me again, you understand that?" He stumbled backward a bit and some other dude started swearing at him in defense of me, which seemed to take the creepy guy's attention away (s he considered beating the crap out of the nice guy)a from me long enough for me to walk the heck away to a tourist spot.
    And here is the primary difference between America and Japan. Anyway:

You took "actions speak louder than words," flipped it, and did a verbal one-hit K.O. That's awesome and I wish I'd have seen it.

I'm glad you eventually did that, but in the future, wouldn't it be best to react within the first two touches? I mean, the more he gets away with it, the more confident he'll get.

this would be an awesome anime scene even better if they did that thing they did with bat man "gotham knight"

Matt: probably, but the context of him touching me was ehhhh before: not entirely wrong. I was listening to my headphones, and he melts wanting to talk to me, so be would tap my knee to let me know that he was talking. But strangely enough, when he moved closer to me he stopped poking me altogether because he assumed that our proximity implied that I was listening ... I wasn't. He didn't touch me again until he decided to grab my butt, wherein I lost it on him. And then peripheral dude was like, "Yo, you better leave her the f*ck alone," and the creeper guy decided that the comment merited a physical comeback to the person who said it.

Then I went to tourist spots, but they started to bother me, so I went into a couple art studios/shops and looked around for a while before going to the park. I had a bus to catch, but I missed it so I could avoid running into the creeper guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    I had a bus to catch, but I missed it so I could avoid running into the creeper guy.
    This is a big problem if the guy's causing you enough concern that you don't feel safe getting on the bus. Seriously, talk to someone who can do something about it (maybe even the police; does mollestation count as sexual assault?) and/or get tooled up. Consider a personal alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I believe molestation counts as sexual assault, but this is America and whether or not the cops feel like actually doing their jobs or "shut up, be glad someone thought you were cute, and come back if you ever have a real problem" is a crapshoot.

EDIT: I mean, this is the state where Palin tried (? Did that rape kit thing pass, Seefs? I forget.) to legalize rape of the poor.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Yeah, uh, the police here aren't the best, even when there's clear evidence. My mom's car was broken into, and nearly a thousand dollars'-worth of items were stolen; and even though there was video evidence of the thief, the police refused to do anything.

I'm not scared of public transportation (I'm actually at the bus station now), but that guy had made me uncomfortable enough to avoid waiting around for the next bus. Sure, this is a definite problem, but security and police aren't as helpful as one would hope, and calling him out on it was probably the most I could do at the time. There's a ton of incest and rape cases in the state, but it isn't dealt with the way that it should be.

And I'm not sure about Palin; she's not in office anymore, and I hadn't heard of it getting passed. I should probably check, though.