Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative Body Image

Cut your gangly, hideous, flopping penis down to size.

to lazy to be perfect.

This is you.

Thanks.

stay on topic

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    No, Toast used that as an example and I questioned why that qualified being out of shape? "I'm too lazy" rarely qualifies anything, IRL.
    No one actually said it was out of laziness except for you. Toast and I were trying to point out that getting in to a routine of exercise can be an extremely discomforting experience, especially if you have very low self esteem due to your awareness of a weight problem. This is not the same as being lazy, this involves fear and shame and embarrassment. You're trying to totally over simplify all of these negative feelings by calling people who experience them 'lazy'. This is completely ridiculous. Someone who is overweight may not even BE lazy. What if they spend all their time practicing drawing or work 12 hour shifts as a chief? Is that lazy? As you have already pointed out you don't even have to be thin to be physically fit. So I don't really understand why you keep trying to make out like anyone is saying obesity means people are lazy. No one said leave them alone because they are fat. They said be supportive of them because it is much less simple than 'get fit' or 'do not get fit.' Stop trying to over simplify a complex issue.

In all honestly, I personally think what is supposed to be the 'right' and 'healthy' size is so distorted and mixed up that we don't know anymore. : / (example being how what is skinny or fat is different on so many levels.)

I think you shouldn't be down on yourself, but you should try to strive for a healthier you. (Working out, eating balanced diet, etc.) Body image should not be about hating yourself, but being aware what you can do to help improve your overall life. (in my opinion anyways.)
    Last edited by Afrobit; 06-28-2012 at 09:01 PM.

I like how all of you totally misconstrued cyp's argument, and boiled everything down to "OMG HE SAID FAT PEOPLE ARE LAZY!!!!!"

I'm pretty sure all he was saying is that he doesn't agree with sugarcoating words.

He's saying he doesn't agree with sugarcoating words because he seems to think that anyone who is overweight and unhappy about shouldn't get offended when he calls them fat. Is there anyone who doesn't get offended when people blatantly point out their physical forms for no reason? I don't understand how you can expect someone to not get defensive if you call them out on an issue they already feel terrible about.
    Whats more the reason Cyp says he should be allowed to call fat people fat is that they haven't done anything to not be fat. Simply the fact that they are fat and not trying not to be makes cyp think he has the right to call them out on it and then not have them get defensive.