Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative Body Image

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    As a flawless adonis I, too, often find myself disgusted and revolted by the hideous fatties and their disgusting lies. How dare they decide that there are some things which may be more important than meeting a standard for physical beauty and health which I have set for them. Their selfishness is nearly as offensive as their grotesque, mishapen, bodies.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Fat is not a judgment, though. It is an observation based entirely on quantifiable factors. There are no assumptions being made, merely stating what one sees. That's like saying "red" is a judgment.
    What makes a colour 'red' rather than 'rouge'? Are the colours 'red' and 'rouge' the same thing, or are they an approximation of one another? In other words, does the language the person labelling a particular portion of their sense-data 'red' speaks structure what they perceive as red? I often perceive colours as purple that others perceive as blue. Is one of us right and the other wrong? Or could it possibly be that even labels as seemingly obvious as 'red' are subjective?

Let me extrapolate this to the label 'fat'. Let's assume the label 'fat' refers to 'above the weight which I see as the maximum acceptable'. Now, in many arabic countries, heavier women are seen as more attractive: high weight signifies wealth and having enough to eat. 'Fat' in these countries is thus seen as a lot heavier than the western 'fat', at least for women. Indeed, the idea of a socially-acceptable weight is tied to power and wealth - until it became easy for us to feed ourselves sufficiently in the west, we also saw larger women as more attractive. Now that it's harder to be slim than fat in the west (healthy food is more expensive than mass-produced fatty foods), we see slimness as more attractive. How on earth can you claim fatness is objective if there's such a variation in cultural perception of it? And how on earth can you justify 'calling people out' on being fat if fatness is a product of your own mind?

"You don't live up to my standards, you fat bastard."

It shows your bigotry more than it shows any problem with the person you're criticising.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 06-28-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I'd also like to add that, being a perfect and flawless being, I am greatly saddened and angered by the inability to simply tell people what I think of them, manners be damned. Why is it I can no longer tell ugly people they are ugly? What is this bullshit. Just the other day people said I was rude for stopping a mentally handicapped man on the street and calling him stupid. What is the world come to?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

ehh...I was going to say something prolithic but...ehh...never mind.

Kodos, I will bear your children and you shall LIKE IT. <3

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Jeez, what even is this thread.

Hey, people. Stop policing people's bodies if they didn't ask for your opinion. It really is that simple.

Because people love to feel better about themselves by victimising others. Sadism itt

Basically. Like goodness, who made relatively skinnier people the authorities on health and fatness. How glorious to be bestowed such epistemological intuition!

Yeah guys, fat people are evil. It's not like obesity is linked with depression and poverty or anything.

~* kyriarchy *~

Fatness isn't always the decision to eat bad, like you said. Once upon a time my family was so poor (in the most expensive state to afford food in) that they existed on the McDonald's dollar menu, ramen, and Kraft macaroni and cheese.

Criticize my parents for their choices, I dare you. Yeah, they were privileged enough to make it out and not be obese, but some people aren't as fortunate.