Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dumplings ArtDump.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    She does look anorexic I agree. For me though it's less about her limbs and more about how pronounced her collar bone is here. You rarely see it so bold in people of healthy weight nor should you be able to see the whole thing extending all the way to the shoulder unless you have a dangerous 1% body fat.

She has nice long legs like a true dancer but I notice that the bottom half of the legs is shorter than the top. Usually they should be about equal length.

The hands are drawn very elegantly though I note.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

If you guys really think her character looks anorexic, I don't think you know what an anorexic person looks like. And even if she did draw a very skinny character, so what? That's not our decision to tell her not too, that is a stylistic choice. If you want to criticize someones art, you criticize proportions and the like, not how fat/skinny that character is.

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    Thank you for your suggestions and comments I understand that she on the thin side.
    toast i do agree with you, it is my own opinion as art is an expression of myself ^^ but i'm open to everyones suggestions, no matter what they may be.

C: made this today on the groupboard. I wonder if there is a tutorial on how to paint skin.

This is super cute!!! I love the hair! The nose could be a little lower, but I think that might be more stylistic. Well done!

^Thanks, yah I do believe the nose is a bit high.

So, I have a few more drawings.
    This is a quick sketch.

And this is for a theme Fairy Tale: Snow White in the MT 100 Theme challenge.
    I made the sketch on GB and later redid the lines on SAI.

I love the way you drew the hair on your 100TC, it's looking great the only thing that I notice is that maybe on the hand that is clenched together that you made the parts of the fingers visible a bit too long but I'm probably wrong :L keep up your awesome work Midori
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-26-2012 at 08:00 PM.

She looks gorgeous! I really like the way you drew her face, and the smoothness of the lines. Gah, just thinking about relining that hair with Sai gives me shivers, you did a real good job!
    Can't wait to see more

^Thanks guys . And I shortened down her hands a bit.

I did some practise with shading, and also my side profile view of a semi realistic face.

Wowzers! That looks wonderful! I tthink the ear may be a little low.

this looks great! the only thing i can see is that in a normal position the neck would probably be at more of a diagonal to the nead. people's spines curve forward at the neck, but thar's only a minor adjustment. great work!!