Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dumplings ArtDump.

Regular Member whenrabbitsattack2.0's Avatar
    if it's a perspective shot, then it's fine. If it's not, then her legs and lower body are too small in general. and her boobs could be higher if you wanted to balance the composition without changing the legs. I love the way you did her dress, she looks like someone who acts sweet but can be really devious X3
    collectin my fav quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I wasn't aware breasts were sentient and capable of independent movement
    Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    Sheesh, you people and your superiority issues.

Even on a perspective shot this is wrong, because the wide on the legs is too much. In here you have: if its not a shot with strong perspective, a dwarf (mythological). And if it does have strong perspective, you have Big foot.

Always do the following exercise to see the problem, cover the lower body, and then the upper body, you are going to see that they don't match. Also the skirt has a lot of problems with the same things, you don't really know what perspective is following, its like the body was chopped in 3 parts.

Okay, I didn't wanted to post, but it bothered my that no one stated this as a huge problem, because it is.

If it is a perspective shot her neck must be massive and her arms appear to just cut off, probably the way you have the dress appear around them or something, aesthetically it looks nice and pretty though

Quote Originally Posted by Midori-Midori View Post
    TI tried finding some kind of reference but I didn't find anything.
    Try this. If you were going for a perspective shot, this is pretty close in terms of how her body tapers gently downward.

Perspective aside, I agree that it's quite a nice design as it stands. I think her right eye is sticking out a little too much though; would suggest making it slightly smaller and more flush with her cheek.

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar

Dumpling Dump.

Woo been a while since I've posted. So, heyy.

Maybe kinda NSFWish stuffs. I practised some anatomy using references. I've probably messed up a lot, haha so crits would be appreciated. C:

SPOILER! :

^I like this one the most, because i didn't draw the head >.<

Looking pretty good Your ankles tend to get a little thin and your arms a tad bit long
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Quote Originally Posted by Midori-Midori View Post
    SPOILER! :
    I may be wrong with this critique since you haven't posted up any references, however from my own studies of muscles and stuff there are a few areas I think you overlooked. With the right arm which is lifted up, you should see two bulges at the base of the neck which leads into the arms, these bulges are formed from the trapezius and the deltoid, both of which bunch up into these bundles to lift the arm up. You have got this in slightly I notice, but usually it is a bit more obvious, you may want to emphasize the plane change.

You also don't appear to have put the bumps on the skin where the anterior superior illiac spine presses against the side of her body on her left side. And finally, I would expect her left shoulder to be more sloped due to the trapezius, right now it appears to be very straight.