Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dumplings ArtDump.

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar

Dumplings ArtDump.

Hello C: My name is Rin, you can call me Midori or Rin or Dumpling. lol whatever works best xD
    Im pretty sure my thread name makes no sense... but everyone's was so cool ;u;

Tis nice to be here at MT forums =D.
    So as suggested I decided to put up a critique thread for work ^^
    Please feel welcome to critique however you like, I would greatly appreciate it! =D

I hope that I can improve my works C: If not, lol, oh well I'll keep working hard anyways ^^

Have fun! \(^-^)/

So in order not to double post? I'll upload here C:
    I made this a year or so ago, and it is probably the best my anatomy has ever been, or so it seems in my eyes. o_O
    Last edited by Midori-Midori; 06-17-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Yay! This is so pretty! I love the detail of the clothes! Her arms are a little thin and long, and her calfs are a bit short. Wonderful job!!!

Thanks Jorgie C:
    I be sure to work on my arms and legs!

DUMPLING! That's kinda cute, but you're a dude so I'll go for Rin.

That art is really amazing! You sure beat me on elves xD Only thing I can point out is that her arm is a little too long and it lacks the muscle shapes that make it look realistic... kinda look like she've been heavily starving. Sorry if that comparing was a little too far.
    The elbow need to go right under her 3rd rib and her lower arm must be a little shorter than the upper arm when it's bended up so the 2nd joint of the thumb reach the top of the shoulder. Just take a look in the mirror or bend your arm up to see how it's shaped. The curves on her arms also needs to be a little wider for it to be visible and look realistic. I suggest you look at some refs of real human anatomi and some well made manga arts on the web, could come to use

But yh, that's the only thing it seems like you need to work on for now

EDIT: I see JJ already pointed it out... but what is a little extra details now and then? ;P

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Looks brilliant, the way you drew the dress is astounding only thing I notice is what JJ said that the arms look thin, almost skeletal :L
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

ohh lol @eltoroguaco Sorry about that I'm actually a dudette.

@Demon Thank you, I'll definitely work on that. C:

Welcome! I like the concept of your drawing, and you seem to be at a comfortable stage in your art. The arms are quite long and skinny.

You seem to have basic proportions down right now. But now, I highly suggest looking through this thread: http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...W-with-nudity*

And try using the information in the OP. It will definately help you. I think you should also practice with shading in your art, and continue on with studying folds. Nice for a first post here though!

Quote Originally Posted by Midori-Midori View Post
    ohh lol @eltoroguaco Sorry about that I'm actually a dudette.
    a dudette? o.o what do you mean by that? shemale, gay, dragqueen? I know many different ways of defining that "nickname" XP

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Lol, how about I change my gender for you.

@toast Thank you so much C: I'll definitly be checking that out!
    Last edited by Midori-Midori; 06-23-2012 at 12:07 AM.

She looks a little anorexic, man, beef her up some. The arms and legs are a bit like branches, not saying turn them into trunks, but beef them up some, make sure to make the hands a might bigger when you do this. In any case, the dress was drawn well, and you did a splendid job with the shading.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.