Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Louise: The New Religion 3/4 on page 7

Just out of interest, do you generally draw pages on an A3?... Or bigger?... Or smaller, I guess?...

I am confus

uh my other stuff is all on 8.5 x 11 printer paper >_> but this time i drew it on 9 x 12 bristol board and its inked.. so its between A3 and A2

while waiting for my scanner to arrive, I am going to post stupid pictures every day that its not here. then i will post a stupid comic when it IS here

role reversal

some dog o_O

- - - Updated - - -

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Wanna meet that dog.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

What makes the dog thing funnier is that is totally the most disturbed-looking we have seen her... The upper image is pretty much gold too, through.

As for the pages, you could always try scanning the pages in two halves and splicing the pieces together. I do it pretty often.

SPOILER! :
    1) Use the canvas size tool and simply double the height, clicking on the middle uppermost of the nine squares to make it expand from the bottom only.
    2) After that, simply cut and paste the lower half in.
    3) Lower the opacity of the lower half, and zoom in to line up the bit of the two halves which overlap from the scans. You might have to zoom right in, because Potatoshop has a really annoying function where it tries to line it up automatically and does a suppagetti bad job of it.
    4) Delete the rubbish-looking top 'lip' of the bottom half, which has probaly gone all wonky and grey from being cut off in the scan.
    4) Then just return the opacity back to normal and layer -> flatten image. :p

Sounds complicated but you get used to it. Better than buying a new scanner anyway. Guess I could upload screen shots if you really want, too.
    Last edited by Regantor; 10-03-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Wanna meet that dog.
    huehue

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    What makes the dog thing funnier is that is totally the most disturbed-looking we have seen her... The upper image is pretty much gold too, through.

As for the pages, you could always try scanning the pages in two halves and splicing the pieces together. I do it pretty often.

SPOILER! :
    1) Use the canvas size tool and simply double the height, clicking on the middle uppermost of the nine squares to make it expand from the bottom only.
    2) After that, simply cut and paste the lower half in.
    3) Lower the opacity of the lower half, and zoom in to line up the bit of the two halves which overlap from the scans. You might have to zoom right in, because Potatoshop has a really annoying function where it tries to line it up automatically and does a suppagetti bad job of it.
    4) Delete the rubbish-looking top 'lip' of the bottom half, which has probaly gone all wonky and grey from being cut off in the scan.
    4) Then just return the opacity back to normal and layer -> flatten image.

Sounds complicated but you get used to it. Better than buying a new scanner anyway. Guess I could upload screen shots if you really want, too.
    Thanks for the tips on how to do that. >_> I tried it at first but it didnt feel right when I put the paper in the scanner. Like.. my small scanner has raised edges around the glass, so to put the lid on, I would have to crease the bristol board Also the paper was too big Height-wise and width >_<

but the tutorial on how to do that might still come in handy one day, thx.

Also my scanner arrived...
    So here is chapter 3 of Louise.
    The title probably doesnt make any sense yet. In fact a lot about this comic won't make much sense, but I hope it will still be enjoyable. Also the ending is pretty abrupt and SUCKS, but I felt that I'd have to make the chapter much longer in order to go past this point. It was the best point to end at for now >_>

easiest reading method is on me site here
    http://evilcakecomics.com/comics/lou/3/

for extra, stupid commentary, check it out on deviantart
    http://evilcake.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5gst7k

Also thx for reading..

IT HAS BEGUN!

dont eat hot dogs and drive people

Erm, yeah, that whole thing seemed like build up to something major. Can't even guess what... Will definately be lurking around for the next part, through. Chapter two started off kinda weird and then went batshit awesome in the second half, after all. :3

Also, love the new, cleaner artwork, btw.

Rambunctious!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    IT HAS BEGUN!
    o jeez
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    dont eat hot dogs and drive people
    its a burrito but thats not really important
    Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Erm, yeah, that whole thing seemed like build up to something major. Can't even guess what... Will definately be lurking around for the next part, through. Chapter two started off kinda weird and then went batshit awesome in the second half, after all. :3

Also, love the new, cleaner artwork, btw.

Rambunctious!
    yeah.. pretty much introducing stands into it next chapter >_> kinda

thx for reading and for comments

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    its a burrito but thats not really important
    man that is so important and I screwed it up, i feel awful now