Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kami's work :)

Kami's work :)

Hello, long, long, long time since I've been here! But I jsut started to draw again, so I'm back! It would be much appreciated if you would cc my drawings

I'll kick things off with this then shall I ?

hey! that's really nice. It's a tricky pose that's well handled, the colours fit and do not fall off the lines and the background goes well together with the character.

But a good critique need to point out what you could improve as well, so better mention what I can see right now.
    On shading, you could shade the skin and white shirt a little more so it would get the same 3D effect as the skirt.
    Her breasts a little different on size and the line does not appear to be right on her left breast.
    On the face; the left cheekbone could be a little higher and above the right cheekbone, the shape next to the eye could go a little lower and less curved. It makes her forehead seem misplaced.

Besides that, it's a really good picture Personally think it's better than my works. Well done =D

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Sorry, but she looks anorexic, you should fatten her up some, especially around the mid-section. Seriously, I'm getting the same feeling when I see a malnourished horse, all wobbly. I don't know why, but the eyes look dead to me, try and put a bit more emotion into them. Darken some of the areas on the darker area, especially on the Yuna sleeve things. Other than that, you're looking great.

Please return the favor.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-17-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eltoroguaco View Post
    hey! that's really nice. It's a tricky pose that's well handled, the colours fit and do not fall off the lines and the background goes well together with the character.

But a good critique need to point out what you could improve as well, so better mention what I can see right now.
    On shading, you could shade the skin and white shirt a little more so it would get the same 3D effect as the skirt.
    Her breasts a little different on size and the line does not appear to be right on her left breast.
    On the face; the left cheekbone could be a little higher and above the right cheekbone, the shape next to the eye could go a little lower and less curved. It makes her forehead seem misplaced.

Besides that, it's a really good picture Personally think it's better than my works. Well done =D
    Cheers, thanks for all the pointers Yeah I thought the face and head was a weird shape, but i couldn't quite put my finger on it, thanks! I shall work on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    Sorry, but she looks anorexic, you should fatten her up some, especially around the mid-section. Seriously, I'm getting the same feeling when I see a malnourished horse, all wobbly. I don't know why, but the eyes look dead to me, try and put a bit more emotion into them. Darken some of the areas on the darker area, especially on the Yuna sleeve things. Other than that, you're looking great.
    hehe, I'll bare that In mind, cheers :P

Her left (our right) ankle looks broken. You should make the front of the calf one whole straight line until you get to the actual ankle.

We can only post one thread per person, it's for people to see your progress at drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    We can only post one thread per person, it's for people to see your progress at drawing.
    Where's their other thread?

http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...p-for-critique.

You could atleast look it up on his older post, it's just 50

Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    Her left (our right) ankle looks broken. You should make the front of the calf one whole straight line until you get to the actual ankle.
    Hmmm, that's just the angle of the leg, the front of the calf is looking directly at the 'camera' and her foot is turned inward a little. Not sideways like you are thinking. Guess I nee to make that clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    It's a super old thread and all my links are broken, so I thought it was best not to gravedig it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamisoyokaze View Post
    Hmmm, that's just the angle of the leg, the front of the calf is looking directly at the 'camera' and her foot is turned inward a little. Not sideways like you are thinking. Guess I nee to make that clearer.
    It's still bent it a way that would mean it was broken.