Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: F.E.N.R.I.S. - Collaboration Project

Anyway some new ideas:

Idea #2 (Shoujo Idea Thing Based off of Mereana's idea)

Basically, group of survivors wake up on a random beach with no memories at all. From the beach extends a large jungle with no signs of human activity. They need to rely on each other for survival and to reclaim their lost memories. (Could be something like a Shipwreck or a Planecrash). Not sure if it's too general so it may need work to make it more original, let me know what you think

Also could you explain your idea Mereana about a disaster in a town and the story what would happen in it please?

(Old) Idea #3:

Well this isn't really a new idea, actually I came up with it a while ago for a novel but kinda forgot about it :/ anyway this story deals with lots of deep elements like human slavery, oppression and loss of freedom of speech and is generally a quite dark. Basically its set around a large city which is split into two parts; The Metropolis (The inner city and where the wealthy reside in a safe and peaceful environment) and the Dark Sector (The outer city and a slum where the inhabitants are treated like livestock for the Metropolis' gain). In the Dark Sector the inhabitants are forced to work in a large power factory known by them as 'The Machine', it is very dangerous and releases pollutants into their living area. Anyway the story resolves around the uprising of the Dark Sector as they try to break away from the oppression of the Metropolis and become their own separate community. This uprising results in the population barricading them selves within The Machine and using it as a fort to defend themselves from the Metropolis attack whilst cutting off the power source forcing them into a submission. However in the original concept the uprising fails and what happens to the survivors I never planned to disclose.

I should also mention that I never planned on setting a particular setting or time for these events as in my opinion made it more mysterious and foreboding. In other words the idea could have occurred anywhere at any given time. Also I don't expect this idea to get chosen but you never know
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-14-2012 at 09:28 PM.

You should make your own setting as well mereana.

okay,i'll develop my shojuo idea a bit.

set in a small rural farming town somewhere in tornado valley, america.
    a group of highschool kids have been out of town for a biology trip. at the start there are 13 of them. when they return to their town, they find it completley destroyed by a massive tornado.they explore the broken city, and as they do, a feud develops between some of the chracters about whether they should leave the town to go find help or if they should stay and wait for someone to find them. a group of five split of a decide to try and find help. the story would revove around this groupmof survivors and the problems(emotional and otherwise) that they encounter in their search for civilisation. at the end of the story there would have bben feuds new loves, break ups and so forth, but they manage to find help and go back to their town to see if the other kids survived: they didn't, but the story ends on a happy note as they start to rebuild their broken city with their new found love(fod, that last sentence is so cheesy!>.<)

i like you shoujo idea, but wouldn't it be moreinteresting if they had somehow wound up at a secret government facility or a drug lord's manufacturing plant? as they discovered what happened to them before they could also find out stuff about where they crashed.

your last idea would certainly be a very interesting, empowering and plotically comentating piece to write, but it looks like it needs a bit of refinement. like, how were these divides in class created? what are their jobs in 'the machine'? could the machine be used effectivley to aid there uprising or would the metropolis have control of it's system. it's a good idea though, and certainly worth developing.

I like that idea I'll say more about it when I get back home and hopefully once Shnorkel gets a have I read it

Also do you mean to make the crash (whatever it is) deliberate? That would be an interesting twist :P I also just imagine in the beginning the go into this jungle or whatever and find their plane or whatever it is crashed in a clearing likewise I'll talk more about this when I get back. Sorry I didn't develop it more didn't have the time other than a basic idea, whilst I'm out tonight I'll try to refine it further and get some more notable points which would effect the characters

Thanks and yeah about idea #3 im still recalling it as I go along it's been quite a while since I developed it but I'll try and develop it a bit more when I get back and I would also like to mention that initially there were bits of history that I deliberately meant to leave out for the mystery but if we were to go through with idea #3 we would develop a lot more of you wanted

Everything is lookin good so far just need to wait for Shnorkel's opinion

@Ram - Yeah we should, I think I'm gonna worry about that once we have a base idea for the story line. Not sure about Mereanas thoughts on this though.

^ Okay I look forward to reading it and yeah I'm gonna try to make Idea #2 less general however if we were to chose something like that it would be short so it does have that advantage, I'll see what I ca do to make it better I think that will need input from us all though because I'm not to sure how to make it more unique but I do like the idea of landing on a government site etc :L

And with idea #3 Im glad you like it however I want to find a way to make 'the machine' more symbolic of oppression if possible and yeah like Mereana says it would need a bit more fine tuning before its ready

I'll post again if I can find a way to make idea #2 more unique and will put those ideas into post 2 once I can get onto a computer

#2 seems quite general, it needs more fleshing out (and to be developed into a unique story, there are plenty of 'stranded on an island' stories)
    #3 sounds really good, I really like the setting !
    Mereana's idea sounds pretty cool too, although I don't really like shoujo (makes sense, I'm a guy afterall).

The story is inspired from the Norse mythology.

The story is set in an alternate reality in a time period resembling 2080 in the "Valorian States" (a fictional country, of course). Jett, cyber-organic superhuman but has no memory or knowledge of being one, is a seemingly ordinary high school student. One night which had a lunar eclipse occuring at it, on his way home, he is attacked by a mysterious boy with extraordinary powers who addresses him as "Fenris". Right before Jett is harmed, out of nowhere appears a girl from his class, Tyra, whom he has never spoken to. She protects Jett from the boy's attack, and a fight ensues between her and the boy. Before the boy retreats, he manages to grab onto Jett and punches right through his chest. From there, Jett suddenly goes out of control and unleashes massively destructive force against the boy and quickly after, faints.

This is just merely an idea for the opening part.

Jett is a cyborg labeled F.E.N.R.I.S. who was abducted and had his memory wiped by an anti-government organization. His abilities are sealed using an algorithm called 'Gleipnir'. He was disguised as an ordinary boy by the organization and sent to a foster family, given the name 'Jett'. He grew up thinking he had lost his family and memories in an earthquake that had occurred 11 years prior to the beginning of the story. He is part of a series of cyborgs created for the sake of recreating the world anew, bringing the Ragnarok. He is the first in the series, and using him two more were created, Hati and Skoll. The one who approached him on the lunar eclipse was Hati, when he assaulted him he managed to break the seal 'Gleipnir', and to unlock Jett's abilities, beginning the Ragnarok.

Tyra, the mysterious girl in his class, actually belongs to the organization who kidnapped him and wiped his memory. She was sent by the organization to keep an eye on him during his highschool years, and blew her cover because it was the only way she could have prevented the seal from breaking (and she of course failed doing so).

Optional: Tyra falls in love with Jett during the story, and goes rogue against her organization when they decide that destroying Jett is the only solution left in order to prevent the Ragnarok. (Here's your mushy shoujo bits too )

Here you go, I actually really love this idea and just so you guys know I came up with the names so easily because they're based on the Norse mythology: Fenris, Gleipnir, Hati, Skoll, Tyr… all are names from Norse mythology.
    I suggest you guys read about it:
    http://www.pantheon.org/articles/f/fenrir.html
    http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/tyr.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hati_Hr...C3%B0vitnisson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sk%C3%B6ll

p.s. I didn't really brainstorm much, I just had the main idea and knowledge of the myth and just went along with it while writing this. If you guys like the idea we can improve it together.

Well, what do you think?
    Last edited by Shnorkel; 06-15-2012 at 05:23 PM.

That's a good story I like the idea of impending doom and the nefarious plot to renew the Valorian States :P I also like the idea that we could build a love relationship between Tyra and Jett adding that bit of Shoujo and nice use of norse mytho it would also allow us to explore a range of ideas such as treatment of cyborgs as humans and such.

Can I ask; did you plan for Ragnarok to be initiated and destroy the country (I assume) or are they going to find a way to stop it which will be part of the story? Also is it possible that Jett and Tyra go rogue and demolish the program which initiated their construction and the plot to renew the Valorian states?

Trying to think of other things to ask about but not much else is coming so i'll post if anything else pops up :P
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-15-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Well when I wrote Ragnarok I actually mean the end and rebirth of the entire world, not just the Valorian States. Btw I think they can be geographically placed in someplace original like Oceania And since it'll be 2080 there could be floating cities, underground cities- whatev.

Well, I didn't really think about whether they manage to stop the Ragnarok or have some epic ending like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

By the way I think I need to re-explain it: Jett and Tyra are from opposing factions, Jett belongs to the government pro-Ragnarok faction and Tyra belongs to the counter-Ragnarok faction. But they both go rogue at some point because they want to stay together.
    Well, I have some more ideas for characters (like Hel, which just seems perfect to be some gloomy and depressed character) and other stuff but I need Mereana's opinion too.

If you have any more ideas then go ahead, and if you think we should change anything it's completely fine by me since this is just a brainstorm

Well when I wrote Ragnarok I actually mean the end and rebirth of the entire world, not just the Valorian States.
    I thought that would be the case considering Ragnarok is the end of everything and the birth of something new and the idea of floating cities sounds awesome! It would also make the idea much more interesting. Also with the idea of floating cities we could make it that the city (whether floating or underground) are segregated from the over/under-world and the powers ruling them have become corrupt and st00f so maybe instead of a planetary rebirth the program is just to renew the city/state (Just an other suggestion)? Floating city idea reminds me of Bioshock: Infinity :P I think this idea would be one where the main characters 'winning' would actually work but it's up for debate, personally if we were to got trough with this idea I would like to see them stop Ragnarok, beat the system and be 'free' I guess xD

Oh right, does that mean that Tyra is essentially 'good' trying to stop the Ragnarok project? If that's the case surely he could fall in love with her, find out teh truth and help bring it down? Or am I misunderstanding again :L but I definitly like the idea of them both going rogue or at least Jett. Oh and Hel could be like some super computer cyborg thing which acts as like a bridge connecting all the cyborg units together (with exception to Jett) or we could find an other Norse mytho character of more importance to have such a role, just a suggestion

And yeah we will need Mereana's approval but that is why we're brainstorming to find an idea we all like xD
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-15-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Yes, Tyra is essentially good. Though I think that in the story we can have Jett finding out that he was memory wiped by her and her organization (we need to make up a name for it), and he gets mad at her and switches sides for some time (until he realises he loves her or something and that if the Ragnarok happens then she'll die).

About the ending- yeah I think that it'll be cool to have a good ending. It's sort of rare these days!

Well, in the norse myth Hati and Skoll are Fenrir's children, and when they "catch" the moon (lunar eclipse at the beggining of the story) and the sun (which I suppose will happen somewhere along the story as a solar eclipse), Fenrir breaks free from the binding silk that held him captive (Gleipnir) . And since Fenrir is one of Loki's 3 children (that means we have more options for characters!), I guess there should be some scientist named Laurence O'kinsella (Dr. L.Oki haha) or something which is responsible for the creation of the cyborgs. We can have the supercomputer/whatever that created them named after Loki's mistress. The Norse myth is full of details and stuff we can use!

BUT, we should also not exaggerate with elements, afterall we're not making a movie Trilogy, we need to keep it relatively simple. Generally the idea of the story is Jett finding out about the conspiracy, going rogue, and then fighting for Tyra.
    Last edited by Shnorkel; 06-15-2012 at 06:33 PM.