Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: F.E.N.R.I.S. - Collaboration Project

@All involved - Mereana pretty much summed it up were just brainstorming until we find something that we can both work with I appreciate your critism and welcome you to do so again on the base ideas but please remember that that is what they are, ideas, thanks for posting and raising those points though

@Mereana - Hmm, I see what you mean and yeah gruesome but I was thinking more of a post-apocalyptic story, like the event happened and the story is vaguely set around the formaion of new governments and different branches of society not necessary fighting it out but if you wanted we could include some 'rogue factions' for the Shonen element :P That could also reduce the importance of having definite moment here the world as we know it ended. Actually! Having the post-apocalyptic idea would be ideal because it could also be one of the major climaxes of the story where they find out what actually happened to earth and that could allow us to make up something ludicrous (if you wanted) :P obviously though the event would also have to involve a way to allow the introduction of these genetic bug things :P which is an interesting idea :P

Whenever I think about them I think about the Necromorphs from dead space albeit they are like grossly mutated humans rather than insects :L I really like the idea of the genetic bugs and personally I would like to see them created by humans because the whole plot would be a lot more nefarious and interesting if they were of human origin. In industry people can introduce different bug predators to prevent the consumption of crops by like pest species, it could be that we were designing the ultimate pest control measures but goes horribly wrong?

I was thinking that the story would revolve around a group of say 4-6 survivors which would also allow as ram suggested allow us to make it interesting with a romance adding the Shoujo element xD

I guess the correct question is however would you enjoy working on this idea and designing it etc? I'm happy with where this idea is heading but I will move on and think of more ideas if you don't like it
    I await your reply

(Note: I'm going to use the second post to store these ideas until we decide on which one we are both happy to work with, personally this one is shaping up nicely in my opinion :3)

Idea #1 (Post-Apocalyptic Theme) Summary:

Project Name: To soon to decide

Setting: Future Earth, A city of sorts? -- Personally I was thinking somewhere in USA because, well most disasters seem to happen there :P in Japan we have no idea how their services work etc and just a general lack of knowledge, and I suppose if you wanted we could do UK as well but its a bit boring and not so big :L

Date: 2050-2100 -- Trying to think of a suitable time frame which would allow for a disaster but also time for society to somewhat recover.

Genre(s): Undecided

Primary Protagonist(s): Male and Female Survivor -- *cough* love story...

Secondary Protagonist(s): Rest of group members + other roles -- Back benchers

Primary Antagonist(s): Hive Queen of Weird Mutant Bugs and the Leader of 'rogue factions' -- if we were to use the idea of a rogue faction

Secondary Antagonist(s): The Weird Bugs -- for lack of a better name :P

Vague Description: Set in a future earth where an unknown apocalypse known as 'The Incident' has wiped out most of humanity and a few pockets of civilization remain who are trying desperately to restore order to a world torn by chaos and survive the onslaught of the mysterious [To be names -- Genetic Bug Things]. The story revolves around a group of survivors whom go by the name of [To be named -- if you want] and their exploits as they try to navigate a world of madness and discover what happened all those years ago leading to the creation of the [To be named]. -- This is how I see it so far, Let me know if you want anything changed etc

SPOILER! :

From UK drama Primeval. This is what I have in my head at the moment which btw is epic and you should all watch it... now!
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-13-2012 at 07:29 PM.

This is sort of interesting
    If you're looking for some rational background behind this, there's the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, or Zombie Ant Fungi (in monkey terms). You can say it mutated due to genetic engineering that went wrong. I can't stress enough how a big fruit-anthenna that comes out of infected people's skulls sounds awesome!
    This is only in case you're not insisting on bugs or anything. You can even merge the two, have a hive of some sort, with a hive queen (which will obviously be ridiculously sexy, or a little girl. Preferrably not both.) Mabye even have the fungi mutate the infected ones horribly so they become ferocious motherfuckers.
    Oh man I already like your manga.

If you guys ever want another person in the team, then know that I would be totally interested :3

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    Backseat modding: Failed
    Dude, it totally was in a different section when I reported it.

Anyway, you too should probably be doing this over PMs or something. You literally had nothing in the OP. But ignoring that, what on Earth do you mean by a "Crash Collision of Shonen/Shoujo" ... Because that's gonna be hellish to pull off. Both genres have very different defining tropes and characteristics in just the plot. Combining the two stylistically in the art is going to also be difficult. And how would you split the drawing anyway?
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

@Shnorkel - Thanks for the feedback on our idea and sure your welcome to help and make suggestions if you want I'll ask Mereana if she is cool with you helping on the project, however we still need to see if Mereana likes this idea before we can go ahead and start character profiles and stuff :P oh and along with the bugs idea, you know how they use bugs as pest control, I was thinking something like we (Humans) engineered like some super predator to control pest species that are growing out of controls due to human activity but as usual the engineering goes wrong and results in a locust like species which rely on a hive mind system?

@BB - Well I made it in the same section as Cherry Baby which is coincidently this one and I don't mean a literal merge more like the bits a prices we like of the different genres. Opens up many possibilities rather than saying it is this or that :L
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-13-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Sure you did.

And ... Best of luck with that. Do you the bits and pieces thematically or stylistically?
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Glad you agree :P and thematically (I think), the style will be the style, I have little control of that, however the story doesn't need to be one extreme or the other, a median would be nice and if people want to pick one to stick to then i'm happy to do so.

Oh an idea: Assuming that it was a Hive Mind we could make it that the Hive Mind was patient zero, like patient zero infected by genetically modified bug, mutates and breeds releasing more of the weird bug things and hence plague begins :L so we could design like a massive monster human thing, like Raz suggested like a child or a woman connected to some weird resident evil looking mutant thing :P what do you think about that?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-13-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Shounen and shoujo can't really be combined.

Not only in story but also paneling style and page composition. making it different on every page would be really weird.

Fair enough, well this can be something new then I guess :L I've put it as undecided for now until we fully decide, I wasn't really referring to the style though I was thinking more about content and storyline having elements of both

@Mereana - Which type would you prefer to make? I like both Shonen and Shoujo so I really don't mind Also how about we brainstorm three ideas, and then make a choice of which one we prefer the most? We're not rushed for time, may as well take as much time as is required this one is very Shonen like, so if we were to brainstorm more I suggest a shoujo idea next
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-13-2012 at 08:00 PM.

well, you seem to be really interested in a post apocalyptic setting, so maybe a slightly more shoujo take on that? maybe we have two(or more, if you wanted to create the love triangle sort of thing) survivors in an isolated town that was destroyed by natural causes, and we follow them as they try to find civilisation again.
    of course, this would be very romantic and stuff, but i wouldn't be able to give as much knowledge from experience to this genre as i could shonen, but it would be interesting

Sorry I just get carried away with ideas whatever they are :P yeah and I think that may be a problem I'm unsure how we would create a love plot especially a triangle for that matter :O however it could get interesting like you said :P hmm... I'll see if I can come up with some more ideas whilst I'm away at the dentists on more shoujo stuff and try to keep away from disaster themes, they can't all be like that :L I've put idea one of the apocalyptic theme on the second post so it's there saved so we can concentrate on some other ideas now before we pick the one to work on

Also what do you think of fantasy and SiFi themes? Because Personally I like the genre and have a couple ideas I could share with you if your also interested?

Also I propose we just brainstorm ideas and plots back and forth until your school breaks up, will give us a chance to come up with a variety of ideas? Then we can choose the idea and focus on profiles and stuff :3
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-14-2012 at 06:25 AM.