Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: F.E.N.R.I.S. - Collaboration Project

Quote Originally Posted by Shnorkel View Post
    haha actually the entire story is based on some of the Norse mythology that's all.
    The 'father' or more precisely Dr. Laurence O'kinsella (Dr. L.Oki) represents the god Loki, who is the father of Fenrir, Jormungand and Hel. All three of them are Okinsella's creations (Fenrir being a lab raised cyborg, Jorm being an android and Hel being an augmented ordinary human). Plus, Hati and Skoll which in the mythos are Fenrir's children, are actually in the story created from Jett's DNA. The supercomputer that engineered all three of Okinsella's creations is called Angrboda, named after Loki's mistress.
    In the mythos, the gods chained Fenrir in a magical silk rope called Gleipnir (in the story, it's the name of the algorithm), and the god of war Tyr (The story equivalent being Tyra) had his hand bitten off by Fenrir when Fenrir was chained up (same thing, Tyra lost her arm when Jett's memory was wiped). Tyr's weapon is a spear (so is Tyra's).
    Hati and Skoll are two wolves that chase the chariots of the moon and sun (respectively) trying to eat them. It is said that when there's a lunar/solar eclipse, the moon/sun are in danger of being eaten. The story starts on a lunar eclipse night where Hati appears.
    The valkyries are flying female warriors, same with the Valkyrie unit.
    Hel, the youngest of Loki's children is described to be beautiful but with half of her face and her legs being dead and rotten like a corpse's. Hel in the story is a little girl who lost her legs and got injured in her head in an accident. They were replaced with bionics.

I'm sure there's more references to the Norse mythology in the story that I haven't mentioned
    A little correction there, Loke (or Loki in English) were a half god and half jotne He's accepted among the gods, or "Ęser" as they're called in old norse, cause he's Odin's blood brother. Means they share blood after cutting their thumbs for then to let the blood combine.

I know more of this than you think I'm a Norwegian dude that has been extremely interested in it for most of my life.

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Quote Originally Posted by eltoroguaco View Post
    A little correction there, Loke (or Loki in English) were a half god and half jotne He's accepted among the gods, or "Æser" as they're called in old norse, cause he's Odin's blood brother. Means they share blood after cutting their thumbs for then to let the blood combine.

I know more of this than you think I'm a Norwegian dude that has been extremely interested in it for most of my life.
    :L it's good to know you like the idea
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-24-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Ooh that's pretty neat Guaco
    And no as a complete atheist I don't believe in anything I take those stuff as fictional folklore.
    I actually had to learn for 10 years throughout my school years about the hebrew bible (old testament), so I have a wee bit of knowledge in hebrew mythology but nothing more.
    I find mythology as a pretty good source of inspiration, there are some myths that are amazingly creative, especially in the greek mythology.

no one really believe in the Norse, Greek and Egyptian mythology any more :P there's a really small amount of some that still kinda believes in it... but in a different way than they did back then. I'm an atheist as well Agree mythology works as a great fantasy source. But some of the newer religions should not be put that way too directly, since some believers may rage. I just let people believe what they want.

What's that cloud of neverending sadness for? o.o If I insulted you in any way, I'm sorry D:

Quote Originally Posted by eltoroguaco View Post
    What's that cloud of neverending sadness for? o.o If I insulted you in any way, I'm sorry D:
    Don't worry about it, something we were discussing on the GB xD

ah ok. Good :P

hi guys! i have thought up a badass name for the organisation that the valkyries work for. F.O.L.K.V.A.N.G.R ( another norse reference) i'm not sure eactly what it could mean yet, but it could be good. what do you think O-O?

the only thing i can say about the story summary is that the almost kiss scne between jett and tyra is a little cliche. having them talk stuff over would be good but a more realistic thing to do would be if they started talking, but one of them becamoes uncofortable with the subject and deserts, seeming slightly angry.(tyra would probably work better for this role) when they meet at the pool, jett figures out why tyra was angry and departs quickly, telling her to wait for him. when he reeturns he appologises and gives her a frejana,(see what i did there?) a certain breed of rose. they have a cute momoent of forgiveness and just when your about to get the feeling somethings gonna happen( jett pulls her face up with the tips of his fingers and says tyra, i...) viorell jumps in scaring the shit out of both of them and ruins the mood.
    yes? no? maybe? got any changes?

What I had in mind for Jorm:

• Large Mechanical Legs (not like hel, massive legs)
    • One arm would also be mechanical and would have his sword attachment.
    • He wears a large trench coat which extends to his lower legs and has a black tattered hood which covers his whole face.
    • Unsure about trousers at the moment.
    • One flesh arm ofc.
    • Unlike Hati, Skoll and Hel he would be titanic in size, I suggest 7-8 heads tall aprox.
    • Prominant muscles but not so much that it looks ubsurd.

Feel free to change it as you see fit. I see Jorm as like a walking weapon built by Okinsella to protect the project or something among those lines. Hence why he would be so big and heavily armed. As for when we bring him in how about in around the second part and it's just after the Valkyries have ordered Jett to be killed and the Ragnarok faction sent Jorm to make up for Skoll and Hati's failure to hunt down and capture Jett by any means. Hence he is armed to the teeth singe can fend off Valkyries trying to kill Jett etc

@Mereana - Folkvanger is an interesting name are we not just keeping its the Valkyrie faction? That could be the name for the organisation the Ragnarok faction and Okinsella's work as well?

@Raz - Yeah mereana's right about the kiss but I also think it would be a bit too early for such a relationship to occur, what about moving it to some point either just before or during the period where they are being hunted by both factions?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-26-2012 at 12:20 PM.